Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Eddie_Brock said:
Try re-reading post #8...

You have the ability to get your SM back... Just reinstall your system menu, or use the disc update.
or he didn't read the instructions for GCsettings fix and didn't have the settings.txt file in the correct place or named correctly

Said to place it in the same folder as the boot.dol. Did it, and didn't work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DeadlyFoez said:
Facts. You are a noob. Your friend is a complete tard. You are even dumber for taking his advice. And I have WAY WAY WAY more knowledge than you know about.

If your friend is so smart, then why are you not asking him to help you?

More stupid things you did. Uninstall the system menu, did not make a nand back up before doing your stupid stunt.

Dude I will not help you any bit more at all. I hate arguing with the brainless type of people.

You know, Lets say that you want to have SP3 on your windows XP computer, but you dont want IE8. You dont go and pull the plug from your computer because of an idea that something might be done.

Why the hell would you want boot2v4 anyways. Absolutely pointless. And it you're friend was any smarter than me then he would have told you that it was pointless. He would have never recommended it.

Ok, so your stupid stunt is not what killed the wii, but it was an idiotic move anyways.

Dont tell me you have knowledge of hacking, when in the next sentence you admit that you did a stupid move of uninstalling the system menu. That does not sound like knowledge to me.

Buy a new wii and dont ever try hacking it again. Problem solved.

wow, and i thought i had a way with words! lmao! Deadly Foez and Daco Taco have the best flaming skills I've ever seen!

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modshroom128 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Facts. You are a noob. Your friend is a complete tard. You are even dumber for taking his advice. And I have WAY WAY WAY more knowledge than you know about.

If your friend is so smart, then why are you not asking him to help you?

More stupid things you did. Uninstall the system menu, did not make a nand back up before doing your stupid stunt.

Dude I will not help you any bit more at all. I hate arguing with the brainless type of people.

You know, Lets say that you want to have SP3 on your windows XP computer, but you dont want IE8. You dont go and pull the plug from your computer because of an idea that something might be done.

Why the hell would you want boot2v4 anyways. Absolutely pointless. And it you're friend was any smarter than me then he would have told you that it was pointless. He would have never recommended it.

Ok, so your stupid stunt is not what killed the wii, but it was an idiotic move anyways.

Dont tell me you have knowledge of hacking, when in the next sentence you admit that you did a stupid move of uninstalling the system menu. That does not sound like knowledge to me.

Buy a new wii and dont ever try hacking it again. Problem solved.

he is right.

I need helping, not critisim. Either help or don't post, because i know what i did wrong and i know that i an unexperienced as a hacker.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
ztk863 said:
Gecko can run Discs still.

Are you sure? Have you tried yet? Because it should not be able to is the system menu is fucked up. Although I could be wrong, that is, if the IOS that the game runs of off is still in place and that is all that gecko os needs to run a game. But I was pretty sure gecko os required the system menu for it to work.

Yes, i have tried. Mario Kart Wii works perfectly fine. Gecko only needs the system menu for channels, if i am correct, because no channel boots from Gecko, just Discs.

Posts merged

xflak40 said:
QUOTE(ztk863 @ Dec 29 2009, 07:02 PM)
I've tried that. I'm missing needed files to boot the menu. Settings.txt is missing, and my SYSCONF.

System_Setting_Replace_Mod

[url=http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Setting_Replace_Mod]http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Setting_Replace_Mod[/url]

That's the app i tried to use to fix it. Didn't work.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
It looks like your only option if you want to keep that wii is to use betwiin.

If i didn't say earlier, Betwiin tends to freeze when i use it. Crashed my computer before.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
ztk863 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
It looks like your only option if you want to keep that wii is to use betwiin.

If i didn't say earlier, Betwiin tends to freeze when i use it. Crashed my computer before.

Use a different computer. Make sure that you did follow all of the steps correctly.

alright, i'll get working on it ASAP.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ztk863 said:
Darkmystery said:

The links you provided are dead. Plus, i already used a App called GC settings fix, and that didn't help. (Pressed A, Message pops up and App exits beofre i can read anything.) Wiimotes still not working, Wii Menu Still gone.

Try to find a mirror, and follow the instructions provided. It should work, and when uninstalling a system menu, this is your only shot.
Here's a readme mirror. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2168342

I don't have the FIX.rar anymore on my computer.

Edit: setting_replace_mod is basicly the same app as gc_fix.dol. Just with different credits on it.
unsure.gif

Use that one instead.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
Edit: setting_replace_mod is basicly the same app as gc_fix.dol. Just with different credits on it.
unsure.gif

Use that one instead.
Sorry actually they aren't exactly the same but they are close, Using the GC Setting Fix Icon was probably a big mistake on my part, I'll change that to avoid misconfusion,
I use'd tony setting replace tool source to make the small changes i made, I dont think there is even a released source code for gc fix, But yes they are close
and i just changed wiibrew correcting the credits , it was just a attempt to make alittle easier to use on newer wiis, without having to patch a IOS inorder to use it

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use this app here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?znrelzjrtnz

It will fix your nand backup.

Make sure your keys.bin and nand.bin are in the same directory as the app itself then run it.

It will make a new key-fixed.bin rename that to keys.bin and then place the newly renamed keys.bin and nand.bin on your sd card and run bootmii again and restore the nand backup.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Use this app here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?znrelzjrtnz

It will fix your nand backup.

Make sure your keys.bin and nand.bin are in the same directory as the app itself then run it.

It will make a new key-fixed.bin rename that to keys.bin and then place the newly renamed keys.bin and nand.bin on your sd card and run bootmii again and restore the nand backup.

This Right Here is a God program. Even though my Wii STILL (after even restoring the NAND) Doesn't boot.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
have you checked the bluetooth module cause it could be bad or unseated

No, i haven't. I don't insist on opening my wii, but if restoring my NAND isn't going to work, it's the last thing i can think of. Plus, they work in game.

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
have you tried installing all clean ios's and system menu???

Yes, many times. Well i don't think we have to worry. I used that awesome app on a Actually working version of the same NAND (Other one has undeleted damage) And it looks like almost every block of my wii is being restored. (I've made alot of changes.) According it bootmii, It's going to erase 119808 Pages and restore 116784
biggrin.gif

Edit: My wii IS BACK! Thanks everyone for helping, I'm so happeh :3 YES!

ztk863

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
if your back on 4.0 and decide to do an update to 4.2 again don't pull the plug on the power this time.

You got lucky last time.
Thats not what caused it but i wont be so risky next time. It was me unistalling a menu through a WAD that screwed me all up. But thank you, so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol