Hacking Bricked at startup

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah seriously, how lazy can you be that you don't want to launch haxchi yourself to avoid any issues?

not saying you had a choice since apparently you bought the wiiu with coldboot haxchi but i've seen others choose this path only to brick their systems.

I need cold boot because of other people that's why. I don't want to train my 5 year old nephew to launch haxchi. I want him to not even know what haxchi is. That means coldboot. What happens if someone wants to use your Wii U without you there? They won't know to launch Haxchi and the games won't work.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need cold boot because of other people that's why. I don't want to train my 5 year old nephew to launch haxchi. I want him to not even know what haxchi is. That means coldboot. What happens if someone wants to use your Wii U without you there? They won't know to launch Haxchi and the games won't work.
lol it's funny you say that because My daughter is 5 years old but she's been playing since i can remember and I taught her to use haxchi since she had just turned 4. She knows how to launch cfw haxchi by holding down the b button or launch loadiine by just launching haxchi. The only thing i don't let her do is goto homebrew launcher.
also she has her own user that has no internet access. Although she is home schooled and reads at a 4th grade level so maybe i wouldn't trust most 5 year olds.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol it's funny you say that because My daughter is 5 years old but she's been playing since i can remember and I taught her to use haxchi since she had just turned 4. She knows how to launch cfw haxchi by holding down the b button or launch loadiine by just launching haxchi. The only thing i don't let her do is goto homebrew launcher.
also she has her own user that has no internet access. Although she is home schooled and reads at a 4th grade level so maybe i wouldn't trust most 5 year olds.

Congrats on the smart daughter. But boys are more destructive than girls. I can't supervise him very well. While it's smart by thought process and vocabulary levels, he isn't ahead at all at reading. He doesn't read at all, barely recognizes letters correctly. So he can't read menus. Aside from technical issues, there's the morality of it. If they know Haxchi exists, that means they know piracy exists, and you have to try to justify why piracy is morally acceptable, something most people don't even accept. Then he's going to want his own 3DS and Switch hacked, which I don't think his parents would approve of, and there is risk of breaking it. I just don't think children should be very involved with piracy until age 10 or so. I don't want him going to school and telling his friends and teachers that he steals (pirates) video games. I want to maintain the illusion that I paid for these games. Great your daughter has no issues, good job.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo