Bricked and need to buy another :[

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by xsnappsx, Mar 28, 2011.

Mar 28, 2011
  1. xsnappsx
    OP

Newcomer xsnappsx Newbie

United States
    Well I tried updated my acekard 2i for use with the 3ds, got to updating and froze at 20%. Tried reformatting it to no avail =\. As of now i get a blank cart icon and the white screen. So i figure I have bricked it.

Now I ask, where should I buy a new card from, I was looking at modchipcentral because it should get here sooner or possibly ezbuy365. I just don't want to buy one and get a fake now.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

2. i3one21

Newcomer i3one21 Member

United States
  3. xsnappsx
    OP

Newcomer xsnappsx Newbie

United States
    Yeah I was just looking through that thread before the verdict was reached. Sorry that situation has arisen for you. Atleast you have helped me in knowing where to place my order. Hopefully they swiftly resolve the problem.

4. Jannet

Newcomer Jannet Member

France
    I suggest you one shop where you can buy all the flashcard, that is digimaniaz . a french shop .

5. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    How do you know he speaks Français?

Also, there are better shops.

6. Schicksalsheld

Member Schicksalsheld GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    He doesn't speak french, but Jannet speaks french and recommends him because Jannet, buys self at this Shop.

7. xakota

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do you happen to have any other flashcart laying around? Because I bricked mine but I unbricked it with my R4. I'm pretty sure you could unbrick it with any other card. If not, you could save yourself some money by getting a $3 R4 clone (http://www.priceangels.com/R4_Revolution_MicroSD_TF_Multimedia_Flash_Cart_for_NDS_and_DS_Lite__Compact_Pack
    __p2074.html) and using that to unbrick it (provided you have a system that will read the R4)

8. xsnappsx
    OP

Newcomer xsnappsx Newbie

United States

Unfortunately I don't, nor do I know anyway locally that has one. However, after looking into the guide for updating I did noticed the unbricking process. So what I plan to do is buy a real one, unbrick mine, and i'll just give the new card to my brother. I was updating my acekard2i for use with the 3ds when it froze at 20%. Hopefully I can remedy this and give the new card with my DSL to my brother.

9. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States

yep. always have 2

i bricked a ak2i doing this thing (flashed wrong update on wrong system [DSL on DSi])

had to take another ak2, put it on dsphat, and run program, then swap the bricked cart in.

ta-da!

MAGIC!

10. xsnappsx
    OP

Newcomer xsnappsx Newbie

United States
    Yeah thats what I plan to do. Not sure why it froze though. Downloaded the most up to date akio 1.8.(x) , then put the update for the 3ds_DSL. file...got to 20 and froze (while in a DSL). I'm hoping that it doesn't happen again. And its not the un-updatedable "44" card.

11. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    44 card wouldn't flash, it gives a message.

it could have lost contact with the slot (i have to use duct tape on my card to thicken it up [card method])

12. ars25

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    lol or a paper

13. Jannet

Newcomer Jannet Member

France
    lol I just speak English not french ,just as Schicksalsheld said , i have bought some flashcard from this shop digimaniaz.com , and work well, so recommend to you.

14. Spongeroberto

Member Spongeroberto GBAtemp Regular

Bhutan
    It seems hard to find the real ones now.

I've ordered an a2i but I have this feeling that it will turn out to be a fake [​IMG]

15. xsnappsx
    OP

Newcomer xsnappsx Newbie

United States
    Yeah back when I bought my original card this wasn't a problem. At least not as big of a problem. I ordered the new card through modchip central, hoping that it will be real as it is listed on the acekard site on the resller page, and partially because ill have it within a few days vs 2 weeks.

16. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I got my 2i from modchipcentral a while back, it was legit and I haven't heard of any fakes from them.

17. Spongeroberto

Member Spongeroberto GBAtemp Regular

Bhutan
    Well mine just arrived and despite being cheap and from china (I got it from zhuzhuchina through shoptemp - lowest price around) I got lucky and it's a real one. Huge relief.

18. xsnappsx
    OP

Newcomer xsnappsx Newbie

United States
    Well I just got the ak2i in the mail today. Lifted the sticker and sure enough it was real! With the help of the awesome noobs update guide did the update, 1,2.3, unbricked my old card, no problems. I made sure the hold the ds perfectly still as to prevent any loses connections or whatever might have happened. Now I have two working ak2i, one for me and one for my brother.

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions, greatly appreciated.