Hacking Bricked and need to buy another :[

xsnappsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried updated my acekard 2i for use with the 3ds, got to updating and froze at 20%. Tried reformatting it to no avail =\. As of now i get a blank cart icon and the white screen. So i figure I have bricked it.

Now I ask, where should I buy a new card from, I was looking at modchipcentral because it should get here sooner or possibly ezbuy365. I just don't want to buy one and get a fake now.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

xsnappsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was just looking through that thread before the verdict was reached. Sorry that situation has arisen for you. Atleast you have helped me in knowing where to place my order. Hopefully they swiftly resolve the problem.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to have any other flashcart laying around? Because I bricked mine but I unbricked it with my R4. I'm pretty sure you could unbrick it with any other card. If not, you could save yourself some money by getting a $3 R4 clone (http://www.priceangels.com/R4_Revolution_MicroSD_TF_Multimedia_Flash_Cart_for_NDS_and_DS_Lite__Compact_Pack
__p2074.html) and using that to unbrick it (provided you have a system that will read the R4)

xsnappsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
Do you happen to have any other flashcart laying around? Because I bricked mine but I unbricked it with my R4. I'm pretty sure you could unbrick it with any other card. If not, you could save yourself some money by getting a $3 R4 clone (http://www.priceangels.com/R4_Revolution_MicroSD_TF_Multimedia_Flash_Cart_for_NDS_and_DS_Lite__Compact_Pack
__p2074.html) and using that to unbrick it (provided you have a system that will read the R4)

Unfortunately I don't, nor do I know anyway locally that has one. However, after looking into the guide for updating I did noticed the unbricking process. So what I plan to do is buy a real one, unbrick mine, and i'll just give the new card to my brother. I was updating my acekard2i for use with the 3ds when it froze at 20%. Hopefully I can remedy this and give the new card with my DSL to my brother.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
xsnappsx said:
xakota said:

Unfortunately I don't, nor do I know anyway locally that has one. However, after looking into the guide for updating I did noticed the unbricking process. So what I plan to do is buy a real one, unbrick mine, and i'll just give the new card to my brother. I was updating my acekard2i for use with the 3ds when it froze at 20%. Hopefully I can remedy this and give the new card with my DSL to my brother.

yep. always have 2

i bricked a ak2i doing this thing (flashed wrong update on wrong system [DSL on DSi])

had to take another ak2, put it on dsphat, and run program, then swap the bricked cart in.

ta-da!

MAGIC!

xsnappsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
xsnappsx said:
xakota said:

yep. always have 2

i bricked a ak2i doing this thing (flashed wrong update on wrong system [DSL on DSi])

had to take another ak2, put it on dsphat, and run program, then swap the bricked cart in.

ta-da!

MAGIC!

Yeah thats what I plan to do. Not sure why it froze though. Downloaded the most up to date akio 1.8.(x) , then put the update for the 3ds_DSL. file...got to 20 and froze (while in a DSL). I'm hoping that it doesn't happen again. And its not the un-updatedable "44" card.

Jannet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Schicksalsheld said:
He doesn't speak french, but Jannet speaks french and recommends him because Jannet, buys self at this Shop.

lol I just speak English not french ,just as Schicksalsheld said , i have bought some flashcard from this shop digimaniaz.com , and work well, so recommend to you.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
It seems hard to find the real ones now.

I've ordered an a2i but I have this feeling that it will turn out to be a fake
frown.gif

xsnappsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spongeroberto said:
It seems hard to find the real ones now.

I've ordered an a2i but I have this feeling that it will turn out to be a fake
frown.gif

Yeah back when I bought my original card this wasn't a problem. At least not as big of a problem. I ordered the new card through modchip central, hoping that it will be real as it is listed on the acekard site on the resller page, and partially because ill have it within a few days vs 2 weeks.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Well mine just arrived and despite being cheap and from china (I got it from zhuzhuchina through shoptemp - lowest price around) I got lucky and it's a real one. Huge relief.

xsnappsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just got the ak2i in the mail today. Lifted the sticker and sure enough it was real! With the help of the awesome noobs update guide did the update, 1,2.3, unbricked my old card, no problems. I made sure the hold the ds perfectly still as to prevent any loses connections or whatever might have happened. Now I have two working ak2i, one for me and one for my brother.

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1