Hacking Bricked 3ds?

weirdolk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I followed this guide to downgrade my o3ds xl (11.0) step-by-step and runned into a problem after the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer.

After I've cleared the home menu's extdata and rebooted, my 3ds freezes on the home screen. I've already tried all the troubleshooting steps of the guide to try to solve this problem, along with other things:
  • Reboot with and without the sd card
  • Reboot without any cartridges
  • Tried recovery mode, but it doesn't update for some reason
  • Removed the battery
  • Tried to reset home menu settings (L+R+B+D-Pad Down+Power)
Did I brick my 3ds? Is it possible to recover it somehow? I did a backup on my SysNAND before the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer (as instructed on the guide), can it be used to recover my 3ds?

D

Deleted User

Everyones worst nightmare when they switch to a9lh has been reported.

weirdolk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What about removing the SD card? I remember when A9LH was first a thing, removing the SD card allowed the 3DS to get into 2.1 without an issue.

Good luck :)
Already tried that. Same problem. The weird thing is that it actually seems to boot (the home screen appears), but it instantly freezes right after that.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Already tried that. Same problem. The weird thing is that it actually seems to boot (the home screen appears), but it instantly freezes right after that.

This might just be a crazy theory, but did you let the 3DS sit for a while after booting for the first time on a new firmware? The first boot always takes a long time, and may give the appearance that something is wrong, i was in the same situation and when i held the button on my New3DS (thinking it had frozen) 20 seconds later the home menu asked me if i wanted to power off or return to the homescreen. Could of fooled me!

weirdolk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This might just be a crazy theory, but did you let the 3DS sit for a while after booting for the first time on a new firmware? The first boot always takes a long time, and may give the appearance that something is wrong, i was in the same situation and when i held the button on my New3DS (thinking it had frozen) 20 seconds later the home menu asked me if i wanted to power off or return to the homescreen. Could of fooled me!
Let it on for 5 minutes. Still a frozen home screen.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you boot into 2.1 for the first time you need to remove the SD card and put it back as soon as the device boots up into home menu..have you tried that if it worked?

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you upload a video? The CTRNAND dump is the same for everyone. Your case its very strange.
If your console is a O3DS, you can try to update via recovery, but... I think you'll need a hardmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse