Not open for further replies.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I have a small concern with my 3DS (I can get it fixed if I felt like it) and that concern is that; is my 3DS bricked? I injected a secureinfo_a file into sysnand, and when returning from RX mode, my 3DS stays at a black screen. I can't seem to turn on recovery mode and there's no backlight. Only the Blue LED light turns on. Just want some info if I can fix it with or without the use of a Hardmod. I'll get one if necessary. :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Let me guess, you forgot to install all the system titles of the other region before you injected the file?
Either way it sounds like you're going to need a hardmod, I assume you have a NAND backup?

gggggggg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The only solution is hard mod, remedy is not to use piracy devices.

Pip'

which devices? you don't need "piracy devices" to screw your 3ds up, just a 3ds at 9.2 or less and a sd card.

edit: and yes, this goes under "custom firmwares"

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant that it was piracy, but not piracy devices, just software. A hardmod with a nand backup is the only way to fix it anyway.

I.. what. My comment was sarcastic. There's nothing piracy-related in RxTools and changing your region is not inherently linked to piracy.
I was saying pip's comment was way off.

gggggggg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Eh. Sorry, I confused piracy with softmod somehow. I guess that I shouldn't be replying to threads while i'm up this late :P

But yeah, i'm getting off topic. There's no way to force a bricked 3DS into a menu that recovers your NAND, at least one that I know of. OP should try something like this if he already made a NAND backup.

Edit: This should be useful for the mod.

Reactions: BerserkLeon

Psi-hate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the info, guys. I was under the impression that I was to install the secureinfo_a before the other region files. :P
Anyway, yeah, I'll get to getting a hardmod so I can try again. Plus when I have a hardmod I won't have to worry about bricking with little solution. Thanks!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just out of curiosity see if recovery mode
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad)

i highly doubt it will work, but im just curious.....also even if it does work it will only update the system to 9.7

Psi-hate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just out of curiosity see if recovery mode
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad)

i highly doubt it will work, but im just curious.....also even if it does work it will only update the system to 9.7

As said in the Original Post I said I tried. Thanks for the help, anyway. Will see to getting a hardmod. :)

Reactions: gamesquest1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +2