Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Slimmmmmm said:
xflak40, just guessing but you could also do this....

corp the sys menu ios, patch the game disc (with ios patcher) to use an ios EG 249, or the sys ios (if corped, or any other corped ios).

When the Wii boots into recovery mode it is using the system menu ios, it then tries to boot the game and reloads the ios from the game tmd, so if this is patched to a corped ios and the sys menu ios is corped too you don't need a full corp install or modchip.

This is just guessing as I've not actually tried it, but the theory(your) is sound imho.

This is of course not needed with preloader if it's set to use 249 etc.

kitt050383, we love your discs
biggrin.gif
we're just thinking out loud
wink.gif

so, in theory if we patch the disk to use IOS249... would this mean the only requirement to use the disk is cios249 rev14+ (or would a patched system menu IOS also be required? Obviously u still need a non-stubbed system menu IOS for this to work)

I think a lot more people would meet these requirements (cios249 rev14+), over the current requirements (cios249rev14+, modchip and/or cioscorp)

kitt050383, we really do love your discs, so plz dont think we're complaining or anything like that, thx!

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To all I am very sorry I actually misunderstood you and apparently didn't explain myself very well in my first post I have edited it so maybe we wont have any more confusion!

But heres the low down on the newest disc!
Originally My post stated:

"- This is for Modchip's only!!!! or Now with cIOSCORPS any version still installed! (not a Guarantee!)
- Your Wii must be able to read Trucha Signed Disc's!!!!!"

Not a Guarantee was supposed to mean you may not need them at all! Because I tested them on the one wii I have without cioscorps or a modchip installed on waninkokos cIOS installed to slot 249 and booted it thru the rescue menu using savemii frii method and it worked! others have tried it and have not had the same results hence the original first post! But I have since improved the disc and have had many people testing it and they say it works without them so I forgot to edit the first post! So kudos to all for putting me in my place lol...

So just to clarify one final time the newest disc only needs cIOS installed to slot 249 to work!
Older discs can be patched to work off of 249 but I cant guarantee them!

Also Just a little spoiler!!! I'm working on making a legal copy of my new disc! I will probably be releasing it in a couple of months! Thats right one that has no big-n code and can be distributed via mediafire or rapidshare no more e-mail requests! because let me tell you some people just don't understand how to follow the instructions or that its automatic and that it's not my real e-mail! lol!!!

Im glad you all like the discs!
-kitt050383

ps: as far as I know you do not have to corp the sysmenu ios endless you mean have the trucha bug then yes you do maybe! But like I said tried it on a virgin wii 4.2 an it worked! so saylavee!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thanks for the clarification kitt, much appreciated! And i'm glad 2 hear this works with only cios249rev14+!!!

just to clarify, the savemiifrii method should be able to fix everything except an uninstalled/stubbed system menu IOS or system menu... correct? If so, this would make this tool almost as much protection as priiloader (priiloader can recover from uninstalling/stubbing SM IOS but not deleting the system menu itself as that uninstalls priiloader)

seriously, great work... this should save a lot of wii's!

kitt050383 said:
This will help the people that only can use preloader/priiloader as brick protection to recover from certain bricks such as installing the wrong system menu version theme (which would remove preloader/priiloader and leave them with a brick!) on the Wii!!!
fyi, installing a theme with mymenuify doesn't remove preloader/priiloader

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry gents if I have missed this somewhere. I have been reading stuff all day and have not ironed this out yet...

I bought a wii on ebay, as is. It stops at the press A screen, which from what I read is a banner brick.

It has 4.0U on it, and I found that out using a gamecube adapter and pressing all 4.

I tried my wasabi v1 and d2pro and neither of them is able to boot any of the following disc.

UUDv2
Nintendo v 1.31
WadManager iso
wiirescue disc

On my wii I had added bootmii and priiloader. This one does not seem to have them.

Is there a disk I am missing/have not tried?

I just double checked that both mod chips have the ability to allow system updates.

Neither autoboots games as far as I can tell though...

Thanks for your time.

Mike

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a drivekey. Installed it in my good wii. Ran a burned disk on it fine. =) Set the drivekey to autoboot.

Moved that dvd (the drive, not the disk) and the drivekey to the ebay wii I bought. I can still get to the 4.0u screen with the savemefrii trick. Nothing boots though.

I have UUd2, Nintendo 1.31 (which I know should not work), loadmii ab, wadmanager autoboot, any region autoboot...

Anyone have a clue what I am missing?

I can see the 4.0u screen and then it stops. Each disc seems to run for different amounts of time,

None show anything on the screen.

I did not test the autoboot on the working wii... but what are the odds the settings did not save? It is safe to run the autoboot rescue disc on a working wii... right?

I am burning the rescue disc on verbatim -r disc at 2.4x. The last one I ran at 6x.. Is there a better plan the verbatim at 2.4x?

Thanks for your time.

Mike

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swapped drives again and still no joy. It does not sound like a airplane taking off when I put in the disc... so I figured I would have a better shot.

In another post a gent had pics where he got to the rescue screen and then put the disc in.

I have tried it with the disc in and putting it in after I get to the rescue screen. No joy either way.

Lovin how easy it is to move this drivekey between wii's (brought in my sons for reinforcements) but am bumming I cannot get anything to boot...

I see mention of a UUDv4 disc, but I cannot find it anywhere on the net. Any tips?

Thanks for your time!

Mike

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Kitt!

I agree that if the other disc did not work I am probably wasting my time... but I am not good at quitting. =)

I am afraid that buying a wii on ebay with intentions to fix it might have failed... Without knowing what they have done...

Since I had the ability to get to the rescue mode using savemiifrii and now have the autoboot of drive key... I was hoping to get somewhere...

Thanks again!

Mike

plog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
theroar said:
swapped drives again and still no joy. It does not sound like a airplane taking off when I put in the disc... so I figured I would have a better shot.

In another post a gent had pics where he got to the rescue screen and then put the disc in.

I have tried it with the disc in and putting it in after I get to the rescue screen. No joy either way.

Lovin how easy it is to move this drivekey between wii's (brought in my sons for reinforcements) but am bumming I cannot get anything to boot...

I see mention of a UUDv4 disc, but I cannot find it anywhere on the net. Any tips?

Thanks for your time!

Mike

Take a look at this .
http://board.gulli.com/thread/1487486-univ...ft-und-hardmod/

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the site. I tried the hard and last chance to no avail. =( Will just let it sit a while and see if something comes out that will help.

On a good note... I had the old dance mat out to use on the working wii... wondered... What if I press all 4 arrows, while it is plugged into port 4...

It entered rescue mode. =) Did not have to dismantle it or anything.

Not sure where the best place to share that is, but it might save someone from buying a gamecube controller.

THANKS again everyone for you advice, links and creations!

Mike

RedArrow2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Kitt
I was wondering, do you think maybe you could either post a guide or PM me one on how to make these kinds of discs. I'm wanting to make an autoboot disc for the Homebrew Application "Multi-boot". It can't use fake-signing though. There is a disc like this, only it's for gamecube games. It's called Gamecube Operating System: Multigame Version, or simply GCOS: Multigame Edition for short. This disc can boot from the disc channel & it doesn't need the trucha patch. I'm hoping that I can get something like this for wii games.

Thanks
RedArrow2

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
@Kitt

maybe change the date of the updated date lol, you must be a time traveler

"Last Updated: Sat., 09/20/2010"

kitt050383 said:
Brick Fixing Disc's

By: kitt050383

---------------------------------------------------------
Last Updated: Sat., 09/20/2010
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Fixed info!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed this seems to restricted to cIOS rev14. Is there any other vulnerable IOS this could be used with? How likely and possible there will be an update to utilize cIOS21 or anything current?

I ask because let's say someone uses 21 and it's compatible with everything they use, but then they somehow brick the wii, while still having cIOS21, they have a chip installed, but no way to drop to rev14 or whatnot and still want to recover using to chips ability to autoboot a disc. Or is there a way to turn on the wii, see the black screen and somehow get into it to install a rev14 to utilize the boot disc?

Can one use Priiloader to install a cIOS? Or is there another guide I'm missing to do this.

Is there ANY way to utilize your chipped wii, when bricked, to autoboot and repair a wii that's been bricked and has NO softmods. Or no Trucha.

Thanks for any input on this. Even the bad.
smile.gif

celica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
this methode can be working with systeme menu 4.2 U ?
because i can get the savemifrii , or just find one new game to have inside the 4.3u ?
thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.