Brazilian Method Game + legit update and DLC problem

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by freakE3, Feb 10, 2017.

1. freakE3
    OP

freakE3 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    I have Mario Kart 8 original CD but wanted to get it with this loader to not have to put in the CD. So I thought I can just download the game without the DLC and updates since I already have them on my system. Was this wrong? Because in the end of a online race it didn´t want to show the results. After about 4 Minutes I ended the race. Then I started a new one. It didn´t let me steer. Next two races the same problem. So, what happend here? Should I rather load everything (game, updates and DLC) from the WiiU USB Helper or other??

Last edited by freakE3, Feb 10, 2017
  2. gatorman420

gatorman420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    From what I know never mix Disc and download stuff.. delete all the stuff and start over with nothing but USB helper stuff or what ever you download with

people have bricked doing what you did ...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

install game, then update , then DLC ---- any other way will cause a problem, you installed a game after you had updates and DLC-- thats ur problem

Last edited by gatorman420, Feb 10, 2017
  3. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Can you substantiate this claim?

freakE3 likes this.
  4. gatorman420

gatorman420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States

Yeah , it's on that link that goes around here about wiiu bricks

it has a ' * " saying not sure why that happened in the Brick list,, but it is there.

Ive seen other stuff, not brick reports but have a issue like he did in the order he installed ... Game always installs first ... other wise issues will come --- and yes a few bricks have happened from post ive seen --- I dont bookmark them LOL --- so no I cant substantiate ... but there is one recorded in the brick hall of shame that is passed around here

5. freakE3
    OP

freakE3 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    United States
    Could I have the link to that page please? Would be great

6. gatorman420

gatorman420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States

LOL , I dont have the link , it's in this forum multiple times,,,, it's to another site that shows a bracket and how people bricked ... Ill gig threw my history seen it a couple weeks ago

a post was made in forums about a brick ( diffrent reason) and someone linked to the site that has what Im referring to,, just in the last 2 days

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ok got it,, http://www.wiiubru.com/rip/ ... somone bricked installing a update with Wupinstaller and had a disc copy of game .... proof right !!!! Bam LOL

SO YES , it has been reported to brick .. true.. I dont know reported yes

7. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Yep. That's the one I thought you might be referencing. Demon1764 was sketchy on the detail, it was while installing an update, and there's no mention of installing other things, or the order that they were installed. I could see concluding that installing updates with Wupinstaller Mod Y is risky (which is doubtful, consider the amount of success it has had), or that there's a bug in the Monster Hunter 3 update (could be), or the console had a NAND defect, but I can't see the correlation between that and the present case of something that installed successfully but isn't working properly. The only thing that seems common is that both people had the disc version of a game.

Keep in mind that people have been installing updates with wupinstaller for a long time, to avoid having to remove their DNS blocks or run NNUpatcher. It's what I normally do. It's faster to download the updates from the PC. And I have added updates for some of the disc games I own.

A specific example, is that I had an update installed for SSB from when I was using the disc, and that was on my console at the time that I wupinstalled the game. I haven't reloaded the update, but it seems to have been working normally for the last few months.

I'll see if one of my disc games has an update available and try doing things out of order to see what I get. If I brick, I'll let you know.

@freakE3 's problem seems more likely that the game and update ended up on different devices, or there was a network problem. But like lordelan said in one of the other places this question got spammed to, it won't hurt to remove all 3 and reinstall. I just hope the OP is familiar with saviine so that game's saves don't get lost.

8. StonedPurple

StonedPurple GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    I've installed games over dlc before. Never bricked but the game always deletes the dlc. Same if you have the game on one drive and dlc on the other, when you move the dlc over it somehow overwrites the game and you're left with just the dlc.

9. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    It deletes because Haxchi is not present.
    For unknown reason it did that to me before i installed Haxchi. After i installed it, Wii U stopped automatically deleting DLC.

10. JorgeSalgado

JorgeSalgado GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2012
    Hello, everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll do it anyway:
    about the season pass of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, will there be a way to add the extra content to my copy of the game through wuphax? Thank you so much!

11. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    It will works as normal DLC, however we will need to wait for ticket to be released.

12. JorgeSalgado

JorgeSalgado GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2012
    So, will I be able to play the game normally when it launches and by December add the new content through wuphax without losing all of my progress? Assuming we are talking about normal DLC. And thank you for the answer! :D

13. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Yup. But it needs to be installed with Wup Installer Mod Y while being in CFW.
    Other than that, if Nintendo makes file larger than 4GB on purpose then we will not be able to install it via Wup Installer.

14. StonedPurple

StonedPurple GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    Is that something that only applies with dlc? I've installed multiple games over 4gb in size that worked fine with wupinstaller

15. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    That's not as easy as it sounds. Their own file table in the install uses 32 bits for the file size. I'd think it would take a system update to allow larger files, and if they do that, we'll have bigger problems than a >4GB file.

Felek666 likes this.
  16. Shikkichu

Shikkichu Just a Pika Girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    Why use this method to install updates?
    I install the base game, turn off my dns, download updates, turn dns back on..