Gaming Brazilian Method Game + legit update and DLC problem

freakE3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Mario Kart 8 original CD but wanted to get it with this loader to not have to put in the CD. So I thought I can just download the game without the DLC and updates since I already have them on my system. Was this wrong? Because in the end of a online race it didn´t want to show the results. After about 4 Minutes I ended the race. Then I started a new one. It didn´t let me steer. Next two races the same problem. So, what happend here? Should I rather load everything (game, updates and DLC) from the WiiU USB Helper or other??

Last edited by freakE3,

gatorman420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I know never mix Disc and download stuff.. delete all the stuff and start over with nothing but USB helper stuff or what ever you download with

people have bricked doing what you did ...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

install game, then update , then DLC ---- any other way will cause a problem, you installed a game after you had updates and DLC-- thats ur problem

Last edited by gatorman420,

gatorman420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you substantiate this claim?

Yeah , it's on that link that goes around here about wiiu bricks

it has a ' * " saying not sure why that happened in the Brick list,, but it is there.

Ive seen other stuff, not brick reports but have a issue like he did in the order he installed ... Game always installs first ... other wise issues will come --- and yes a few bricks have happened from post ive seen --- I dont bookmark them LOL --- so no I cant substantiate ... but there is one recorded in the brick hall of shame that is passed around here

gatorman420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I have the link to that page please? Would be great

LOL , I dont have the link , it's in this forum multiple times,,,, it's to another site that shows a bracket and how people bricked ... Ill gig threw my history seen it a couple weeks ago

a post was made in forums about a brick ( diffrent reason) and someone linked to the site that has what Im referring to,, just in the last 2 days

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok got it,, http://www.wiiubru.com/rip/ ... somone bricked installing a update with Wupinstaller and had a disc copy of game .... proof right !!!! Bam LOL

SO YES , it has been reported to brick .. true.. I dont know reported yes

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok got it,, http://www.wiiubru.com/rip/ ... somone bricked installing a update with Wupinstaller and had a disc copy of game .... proof right !!!! Bam LOL
SO YES , it has been reported to brick .. true.. I dont know reported yes

Yep. That's the one I thought you might be referencing. Demon1764 was sketchy on the detail, it was while installing an update, and there's no mention of installing other things, or the order that they were installed. I could see concluding that installing updates with Wupinstaller Mod Y is risky (which is doubtful, consider the amount of success it has had), or that there's a bug in the Monster Hunter 3 update (could be), or the console had a NAND defect, but I can't see the correlation between that and the present case of something that installed successfully but isn't working properly. The only thing that seems common is that both people had the disc version of a game.

Keep in mind that people have been installing updates with wupinstaller for a long time, to avoid having to remove their DNS blocks or run NNUpatcher. It's what I normally do. It's faster to download the updates from the PC. And I have added updates for some of the disc games I own.

A specific example, is that I had an update installed for SSB from when I was using the disc, and that was on my console at the time that I wupinstalled the game. I haven't reloaded the update, but it seems to have been working normally for the last few months.

I'll see if one of my disc games has an update available and try doing things out of order to see what I get. If I brick, I'll let you know.

@freakE3 's problem seems more likely that the game and update ended up on different devices, or there was a network problem. But like lordelan said in one of the other places this question got spammed to, it won't hurt to remove all 3 and reinstall. I just hope the OP is familiar with saviine so that game's saves don't get lost.

StonedPurple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed games over dlc before. Never bricked but the game always deletes the dlc. Same if you have the game on one drive and dlc on the other, when you move the dlc over it somehow overwrites the game and you're left with just the dlc.

D

Deleted User

I've installed games over dlc before. Never bricked but the game always deletes the dlc. Same if you have the game on one drive and dlc on the other, when you move the dlc over it somehow overwrites the game and you're left with just the dlc.
It deletes because Haxchi is not present.
For unknown reason it did that to me before i installed Haxchi. After i installed it, Wii U stopped automatically deleting DLC.

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Hello, everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll do it anyway:
about the season pass of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, will there be a way to add the extra content to my copy of the game through wuphax? Thank you so much!

D

Deleted User

Hello, everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll do it anyway:
about the season pass of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, will there be a way to add the extra content to my copy of the game through wuphax? Thank you so much!
It will works as normal DLC, however we will need to wait for ticket to be released.

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
It will works as normal DLC, however we will need to wait for ticket to be released.
So, will I be able to play the game normally when it launches and by December add the new content through wuphax without losing all of my progress? Assuming we are talking about normal DLC. And thank you for the answer! :D

D

Deleted User

So, will I be able to play the game normally when it launches and by December add the new content through wuphax without losing all of my progress? Assuming we are talking about normal DLC. And thank you for the answer! :D
Yup. But it needs to be installed with Wup Installer Mod Y while being in CFW.
Other than that, if Nintendo makes file larger than 4GB on purpose then we will not be able to install it via Wup Installer.

StonedPurple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. But it needs to be installed with Wup Installer Mod Y while being in CFW.
Other than that, if Nintendo makes file larger than 4GB on purpose then we will not be able to install it via Wup Installer.
Is that something that only applies with dlc? I've installed multiple games over 4gb in size that worked fine with wupinstaller

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not as easy as it sounds. Their own file table in the install uses 32 bits for the file size. I'd think it would take a system update to allow larger files, and if they do that, we'll have bigger problems than a >4GB file.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1