Brawl+ texture question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Someflammablekid, Apr 26, 2010.

Apr 26, 2010
  1. Someflammablekid
    OP

Newcomer Someflammablekid Advanced Member

United States
    So i have installed the latest brawl + update. So in my SD card i have a bunch of folders that have mostly just the .pac of each character.

I installed MLX's texture pack and he says the characters all have portraits. He included a bunch of stuff such as changing the background of the menu, the character selection screen, and the stages. During that time the portraits worked and it was ok. But i didn't really like all that weird stuff. So i managed to get rid of all the weird stuff. However the portraits do not work.

Are the portraits someone linked to anything weird? I've tried everything i can think of. I thought the portraits were .pcs and .pac files but they still don't show up after i just copy the "fighter" folder from the texture pack.

Any help?

2. Someflammablekid
    OP

United States
  3. kukupo

Newcomer kukupo Member

United States
    If you're referring to the portraits in the character select screen all that info is from the common5.pac file

4. Someflammablekid
    OP

United States
    Ok so that does seem to be related. I used an earlier package that has a common5.pac file that seemed to work fine.

However masterlink released a newer one but the file was a common3.pac file which shows some textures but not the right ones. I don't know what to do there.

But i can deal with using his old common5 file and just using his new textures. They more or less match up. Some are off, but oh well. Using the newest common3 file doesn't seem to do anything

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Shoot me a pm and I'll help you.