ROM Hack Bravely Default Save Editor

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Added source code to first post if anyone's interested

It's a tiny bit updated as compared to the version I released, but it's not anything major
Was trying to see if I could represent Tiz's exp in int which I did, but was too lazy to get around into making a version to replace the 'Max Tiz' button

It's not the best coding done but it works anyway so yeah

I probably won't be able to do anything with the editor the next few days since I'll be busy with Uni stuffs

Have fun guys :)

Last edited by ukee,

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yesterday I bought a Bravely Default cartigridge and I tried the save editor. All is working perfectly well :) Thank you so much @ukee and I'm waiting for more Bravely Default editions if you can bring them to us :)

Reactions: BhenBen_85

foxtrot08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried editing a already edited save using your previous version of the save edit and it was freezing whenever i tried to select Support Abilities. I was using the unlock all jobs. Previously I used Max all jobs in the save editor version 0.3.

Edit: Ok so i think i know what the problem is. My original save already has the maximum 3 Support points and whenever i try to unlock all jobs, it gives me another 3 or 4 extra points making the total to 6-7 points. So whenever i go into the game it says i have 6-7 unused points. WHen I try to go and select it the game crashes.

Last edited by foxtrot08,
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I tried editing a already edited save using your previous version of the save edit and it was freezing whenever i tried to select Support Abilities. I was using the unlock all jobs. Previously I used Max all jobs in the save editor version 0.3.

Edit: Ok so i think i know what the problem is. My original save already has the maximum 3 Support points and whenever i try to unlock all jobs, it gives me another 3 or 4 extra points making the total to 6-7 points. So whenever i go into the game it says i have 6-7 unused points. WHen I try to go and select it the game crashes.
Sorry I can't really make any fixes to the program as of now since my laptop broke down, I probably won't be able to since I have tons of work to do honestly.
I'll probably PM you for your save files to see what was causing it once I have the time.

Though the bug sure is odd..

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sorry I can't really make any fixes to the program as of now since my laptop broke down, I probably won't be able to since I have tons of work to do honestly.
I'll probably PM you for your save files to see what was causing it once I have the time.

Though the bug sure is odd..

:)

Last edited by BhenBen_85,

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

I think his using the old version v.0.3 , before I use V.0.3 my game also freeze, but tried the last version everything is good

So is the latest version bugged or not? I'm confused. xD

If what I'm guessing is true then the skill points offsets are also within the offsets for support abilities (?), then we could maybe edit skill points to be 99 and have all the 5 points skills at once, though I wouldn't know why people would want to.

foxtrot08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I wasnt being clear. I said I have used the "Max All Jobs" in version v0.3. This was a while back ago until I found out you had a more updated version. I then used the v0.7 on the same save file to use "Unlock All Jobs".

But I think the game freezes because you aren't suppose to have more than 3 points. But I am uncertain.

Last edited by foxtrot08,

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So is the latest version bugged or not? I'm confused. xD

If what I'm guessing is true then the skill points offsets are also within the offsets for support abilities (?), then we could maybe edit skill points to be 99 and have all the 5 points skills at once, though I wouldn't know why people would want to.

I've sent you a DM, hope it helps you developing the save editor.

BTW I used the "Event Viewer" tool in the editor and didn't work. the item one worked tho. (I restore my previous file I was just testing the save editor)

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: has anyone tried seeing if you can manually add more than 5 points worth of support abilities? Overloading like that would be amazing...

Jinnial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I am REALLY late to this thread, but is there a way to edit the levels individually instead of having them just be maxed out. I still want to play the game, but don't have time to grind on some enemies.

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've sent you a DM, hope it helps you developing the save editor.

BTW I used the "Event Viewer" tool in the editor and didn't work. the item one worked tho. (I restore my previous file I was just testing the save editor)

Thanks for the DM, I probably won't be able to code or fix anything now since I'm having my exams. I'll try to see what I can do after.

Question: has anyone tried seeing if you can manually add more than 5 points worth of support abilities? Overloading like that would be amazing...

I'm not sure if it works or how the points are actually stored, but the game seems to have a 'check' on those points if they go above 5 or less than 0 they seem to brick the game..

I know I am REALLY late to this thread, but is there a way to edit the levels individually instead of having them just be maxed out. I still want to play the game, but don't have time to grind on some enemies.

Can you not edit levels outside of maxing them? I'd like to avoid grinding, but not be super OP XD

I can only figure out on selecting individual levels for Tiz and not the others since they're stored differently in the save file. :C

Honestly I don't really have the luxury to fix or update the editor right now cause I'm having my exams and I sent my laptop for repair like a month ago which they haven't given it back to me. >.>

Reactions: SoyAlexPop

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it works or how the points are actually stored, but the game seems to have a 'check' on those points if they go above 5 or less than 0 they seem to brick the game..
Brick the game?! That sounds... Dangerous. So I'm guessing the only way to handle something like what I want is via ROM editing? And while I'm here, so you know what the stat caps are?

Rhapsody

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Used this to set the level of all of my characters to Lv. 99. It worked, but it changed the jobs of my characters, and two of the jobs I didn't have before (and still don't have according to the job wheel, so there's that). In particular, Tiz and Agnes are Freelancers, Ringabel is Conjurer (which I don't have), and Edea is Red Mage (which I don't have). My actual jobs and their progress look otherwise intact though, so it technically worked fine. Just though you'd like to know.

Xeology

Trophies
Website
tempestdev.com
XP
Country
United States
This is broken. Editing anything causes support ability points to mess up and your game to crash in the abilities menu. I highly recommend not using this program in its current state as it seems to corrupt your save file 100% of the time regardless of what you change.

Tested on US version with SVDT multiple times.

Last edited by Xeology,

DJNightchild

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tested on a EUR version of the eshop. Crashes when opening the menu. Could the OP please update the program?

EDIT: error seems to occur when editting ringabel.

Last edited by DJNightchild,

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, @ukee
If this editor can give you all items, then does that mean you or someone who helped you has a list of the hex values that correspond to each item? I want to hex edit some items individually, but I don't want to have to find the values for each item if I can avoid it. It's a pain to try to steal multiples of each limited item from bosses, especially once you get to the later chapters. I'd love to just blow through the rest of the optional battles without having to drag out each one trying to steal from the enemies. Then I can just give myself the number of items I would have stolen. If you have the values could you send me the list? Or if you know anyone who might have them, could you point me in their direction?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night