Hacking BRAND NEW WII BRICKED... HELP Please?

AndoyX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mom just used her CITIBANK Rewards points + Cash to purchase the WII system.
The WII + WII Fit was delivered TODAY.
My sister installed everything correctly according to the manual.
She played couple of GUITAR HERO games.

Then I borrowed it from her, I got bored since we only have one controller so we can't play at the same time.
GENIUS THAT I AM, DECIDED TO "CONNECT TO AN ONLINE GAME".
I setup the WIFI, once it was connected it prompted me that it will update the software or something, SO I UPDATED IT.
IT WAS 100% COMPLETE, AND IT SAID THAT PARENTAL CONTROL WAS UPDATED OR SOMETHING, THEN IT BROUGHT ME TO A "READ THE USER AGREEMENT PAGE"
TO MY HORROR, IT WOULDN'T LET ME PRESS ON THE "NEXT" BUTTON, SO I HAVE TO TURN THE THING OFF.

THEN WHEN I TURNED IT BACK ON, BOOM "ERROR 003"

What to do? that was just 30 minutes after we installed it.

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you didn't run any exploit or hack the wii in any way? If that is the case, you should return the wii back to ninty and wait for a new one

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
003 Error is usually when you have region changed the Wii

it only usually happens on a Korean Wii with NTSC region change

are you absolutely sure you didnt do anything to it? have you install Homebrew Channel/BootMii?

AndoyX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies, YES i didn't install anything. Just played ROCK BAND HERO or somethign with original CD. After that I updated it.
I tried reading all about HB, BootMi but honestly I don't understand it, and I'm tired of trying to understand it.
I already called CITIBANK to have this replaced (first option)
If they won't replace it maybe NINTENDO will.

NO MODIFICATIONS WHATSOEVER.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
well if your NOT homebrew enabled and did an official update that resulted in a 003 CALL NINTENDO THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF IT FREE YOUR STILL UNDER WARRANTY

Without brew and recovery applications there really is nothing the scene can do to help ya bro sorry
frown.gif
But as i said you can get it fixed for free
wink.gif
your still under warranty
biggrin.gif
so thats a plus (they only charge you when they detect that the wii ran UNOFFICIAL CODE then they might tax you more for a repair (its happened to folks in the past) but its also not as uncommon as you might think to brick from official updates if the "FLASH CHIP" or "internal flash memory" in the wii's hardware itself is foul that will happen (to begin with a wii with perfect hardware only has approx 100,000 writes or so before it becomes less stable as with all flash related hardware/software mods you risk bricks the official ninty updates ARE NOT excluded from that
wink.gif

Best of luck!

PS: even official users have issues updating
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6230816.html

But at least no one has SUED nintendo for it like the xbox360 users do LOL
http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-c...ate-issues.html

AndoyX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
THANKS GUYS! Really appreciate it.
smile.gif

At least now I'm aware of my options.
If you guys only know what HORROR I've been through explaining to my mom what happened.
smile.gif

Mods can close this topic now.

Again, THANK YOU!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....