Hacking Brand new pstv - where to start?

Ohgr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been a while since I followed this scene. I bought a PSTV brand new months ago and have yet to mess around with it. I have seen some things have changed since I last looked - mainly henkaku Enzo.

I would like to get this up and running mainly for PS1 backups, but would like to do vita as well. I have a 1 TB external HD I was looking to use with this as well.

Could someone outline the basic process of getting all the functionality for this pstv? It appears you no longer need activation to play some of the games. Looking for the basic steps I need to do

1. Confirm 3.60 firmware
2. Install Henkaku

Ohgr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy the profit step! What else do I need to do after this though? I would assume adrenaline next?

D

Deleted-355425

If you don’t want to use a usb thumb stick it drive for extended storage you can buy a normal micro sd card adaptor called sd2vita and v3 is the newest and best one to buy... fits in the vita cart slot.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(btw, you have the best gaming system on the market. Full PS1 and PSP library, and retroarch, so multi machine emulator. Only the xbox1 was considered the best on the market, because it was multi machine emulator also, that is until now...............you should have two vita, one for henkaku, and one for official firmware, there's still games coming out easily worth the purchase. You'd be surprised how many flee markets have a psp vita for sale under 10$, but if you can't find a flee market, try ebay, most used vita are below 3.60 but make sure you ask)

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(btw, you have the best gaming system on the market. Full PS1 and PSP library, and retroarch, so multi machine emulator. Only the xbox1 was considered the best on the market, because it was multi machine emulator also, that is until now...............you should have two vita, one for henkaku, and one for official firmware, there's still games coming out easily worth the purchase. You'd be surprised how many flee markets have a psp vita for sale under 10$, but if you can't find a flee market, try ebay, most used vita are below 3.60 but make sure you ask)
That depends on the taste of the person, as i totally hate RetroArch interface, i even prefer to use the PSP emulators [NesterAOE, NeoPop,MasterBoy among others] than use retroarch. :C

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(i don't use retroarch myself, since it is programmed very badly, and uses very old and incompatible emulators................also the setup uses thousands of image files, you can just delete and the program won't reference it in the standalone packs, so its needs major cleanup also)

(the last last time I used retroarch, it stopped my access to PSN, that was a few months before PSN banned 3.60 firmware and de-activated vitas that tried to connect to the service, I'm sure that's not the case not, because retroarch did get a major overhaul not to long ago) (just have no reason to go back to the program)

(xbox1 was the best option for ps1 games previously, until the henkaku hacks, xbox1 outside of android and the pc is still the best option for a number of emulators)

(emulation on the psp and vita by any standards is just plain broken. its just designed to be broken, most of the features on the emulators themselves are resource heavy, they are programmed to use the maximum sound and graphic processor features in the modern emulators. most of the systems are easy to emulate I would image, but, they are designed to be inefficient and broken (they are designed to reinforce "accuracy" of the emulation, not compatibility................in theory it would be easier to modify the source for a more unlocked vita feature set in the future, but if that never happens, you just have a lot of trash emulators on the vita)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1