Homebrew braindump - userland game dumping!

Necrotizing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason I can't get this to work? Maybe I'm just a noob but I'd still like some help...

Basically I added the folder from the downloaded zip to my 3ds file in my SD card and when I launch it in homebrew it just acts as a file. What am I missing?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason I can't get this to work? Maybe I'm just a noob but I'd still like some help...

Basically I added the folder from the downloaded zip to my 3ds file in my SD card and when I launch it in homebrew it just acts as a file. What am I missing?
do you have the .xml next to the .3dsx? this is what will show the title selector so you can dump a game.

Necrotizing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3dsx is basically the program. I don't know how you didn't get it in the download...
I'm not sure either. I've downloaded the file about three times now and it's in none of the folders. Is it in a different link? I've downloaded all three things but none of them seem to be it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how you're opening braindump.7z, are you sure you're using 7-zip? it contains both the .3dsx and .xml to place on your SD card
indeed. I verified, they are in there.

Necrotizing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how you're opening braindump.7z, are you sure you're using 7-zip? it contains both the .3dsx and .xml to place on your SD card
For what ever reason it's not showing as an extractable file. It has the notepad icon. I'm gonna try to fix that somehow. And I seemed to have opened it by pressing 7zip under the open with option

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh my god after trying to extract it for the fifth time I finally got it! Thank you soooooo much for your help! I don't think I could've gotten it to work without your help

maxiusagi

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i tried brain dump on digital version of fire emblem if (i buy it from e-shop)
but it doesnt work and i got a red screen on the bottom screen..
anyone else facing the same problem?

sorry if i'm posting on the wrong thread

Last edited by maxiusagi,

ZHODY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That feel when ctrtool does absolutely nothing except flash a window for a millisecond and nobody has a tutorial for that.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I wonder, why does this fails to dump the header correctly?

I dumped my smash cart with this to make a music hack, but once back in cia, it gave me an error.

I did the exact same procedure with Uncart and it worked.

I presume this might be more oriented to HANS?

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I wonder, why does this fails to dump the header correctly?

I dumped my smash cart with this to make a music hack, but once back in cia, it gave me an error.

I did the exact same procedure with Uncart and it worked.

I presume this might be more oriented to HANS?

braindump make a fake header since *Hax can't access ExHeader.
Can I use this to dump cartridges and make .cias to install on my CFW?

No, use Gateway Launcher or uncart to dump your game cartridges

Narles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was disappointed to find out that Braindump 1.0 does not support Pokémon Yellow purchased from the eShop. I was hoping to poke around in the file system of that one but it just freezes on a red screen when run from a 10.6 reiNAND emuNAND using *hax 2.6. I was able to dump Zelda Oracle of Seasons so I know Braindump still works on this configuration, just not for this title. Anyone know why one works and the other doesn't?

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was disappointed to find out that Braindump 1.0 does not support Pokémon Yellow purchased from the eShop. I was hoping to poke around in the file system of that one but it just freezes on a red screen when run from a 10.6 reiNAND emuNAND using *hax 2.6. I was able to dump Zelda Oracle of Seasons so I know Braindump still works on this configuration, just not for this title. Anyone know why one works and the other doesn't?
Pokémon Yellow is coming with the new 9.6 encryption.
*hax can't start the 9.6+ titles because of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny