Homebrew braindump - userland game dumping!

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
how do i convert dump to cia
There are countless threads about "converting to cia" and this isn't one of them. You should ask in one of those or the "noob questions" thread and *not* here.
----
@neobrain
* What advantages does uncart have over gateway's launcher.dat, in terms of ROM dumping speed and losslessness? I've heard that gateway's dumper is fast and makes 1:1 dumps.
* Is there a reason to upgrade to braindump 1.0 if I don't want the data in cxi format?

Last edited by Hiccup,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
There are countless threads about "converting to cia" and this isn't one of them. You should ask in one of those or the "noob questions" thread and *not* here.
----
@neobrain
* What advantages does uncart have over gateway's launcher.dat, in terms of ROM dumping speed and losslessness?
* How accurate are these fake headers?
i read one of them but the files are cxi it does not tell me how to convert those into cias

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome! So glad you finally made a full release! :D
I just have a couple of questions to this since I'm just curious:
Does this have any improvements to the speed of dumping games?
And does this fix editing specific data in a romhack that before cannot be accessed or changed without causing a crash, such as editing the starters in XY/ORAS?

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Awesome! So glad you finally made a full release! :D
I just have a couple of questions to this since I'm just curious:
Does this have any improvements to the speed of dumping games?
And does this fix editing specific data in a romhack that before cannot be accessed or changed without causing a crash, such as editing the starters in XY/ORAS?

Speed seems to be the same as before, I'm still at arround 0.33MiB/s (which is pretty slow for large games like Xenoblade Chronicles which is almost 4GiB!)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to add support of dumping games while console is closed ? Because I really really don't like leave my n3DS open for hours x) Especially with 3 animals at home : one cat and two little brothers x)

LarBob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work, man! I've been dumping MK7 for the past few hours and it's still going. Thanks for the release, keep it up! =D

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
* What advantages does uncart have over gateway's launcher.dat, in terms of ROM dumping speed and losslessness? I've heard that gateway's dumper is fast and makes 1:1 dumps.
I really have no clue about how GW works. If you find GW to produce a different dump than uncart *and* can verify that GW actually includes relevant information, you should probably create a bug report at uncart. Other than that, I think I've heard reports about uncart being faster.

* Is there a reason to upgrade to braindump 1.0 if I don't want the data in cxi format?
Not really.

* How accurate are these fake headers?
Ridiculously inaccurate. They only provide the barest minimum to get things working in Citra. In fact, there is a 100% chance that dumps will become unusable in the future if Citra becomes more accurate. I'm hoping to enhance braindump though, so that people can simply redump their games at that point.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Ridiculously inaccurate. They only provide the barest minimum to get things working in Citra. In fact, there is a 100% chance that dumps will become unusable in the future if Citra becomes more accurate. I'm hoping to enhance braindump though, so that people can simply redump their games at that point.

So it's useless to dump all my games if they aren't accurate ?

neobrain

-
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's useless to dump all my games if they aren't accurate ?

Depends on why you want to dump them. If you want to play them in the emulator, the dumps are perfectly suitable short-term, but if you actually want to preserve them, you should use uncart (and keep your cartridge just in case (tm)).

Anyway I can get the pre-release version so I can dump in zip format?

Sorry, zip format dumping is only available in braindump Pro, which is available for purchase in our Citra shop.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Depends on why you want to dump them. If you want to play them in the emulator, the dumps are perfectly suitable short-term, but if you actually want to preserve them, you should use uncart (and keep your cartridge just in case (tm)).

uncart is only avaliable for firmware under 9.2, am I right ?

Saiyan64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, zip format dumping is only available in braindump Pro, which is available for purchase in our Citra shop.
*last post is a mistake*
So I have to BUY it to get a zip dump?

If I have to buy it can you at least link me to a cxi file viewer?

D

Deleted User

So, if this gives us access to the full ROM, doe this mean we have access to the ExHeader?
Edit: NVM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi