brain games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by mastermaw, Jul 28, 2006.

Jul 28, 2006

brain games by mastermaw at 11:02 AM (1,118 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. mastermaw
    OP

Newcomer mastermaw Member

United Kingdom
    Howdy,

I'm gonna buy some nds games from my nephew and thought i'd get on the brainy-bandwagon. Do you guys have a preference between Brain Age and Big Brain academy?

maw.

2. _Mazza_

Member _Mazza_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I like Brain Academy more it's got more multiplayer modes etc. Brain Training is okay but I prefer academy

3. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I too prefer Brain Academy. It has more minigames which are more fun than the ones in Brain Age.

4. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    While I prefer Brain Age's more serious approach (damn, that Kawashima-guy isn't serious I think.), how about add in some games that require you to think too, like Phoenix Wright (oh crap, I think it's hard to find there) and Advance Wars (yes, you need to think and not check Gamefaqs :/ ).

That said, I prefer Brain Age. I always seem to look at BBA as mini-games that aren't that good so I don't pick it up as often as I do with Brain Age.

(But my friends also say that BBA multiplayer is fun stuff.)

5. TheVirus

Member TheVirus GBAtemp Fan

Uganda
    Haha, I had to check GameFAQs a few times because I got my ass handed to me, or a battle got out of control. Funny you should mention that.

On-topic, Brain Age is great for training, as you need to do the same games over and over again to unlock new ones. As time goes on, the games get easier because you get used to them.

Big Brain Academy is pretty tough later on. At first there's a lot of variety, but then that dwindles down in to pure unadulterated repetitiveness. You will end up playing the same games over and over, striving for gold, until you get bored of it.