Bought a brand new Gamecube today...

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I visit this particular Walmart in my area, I see a poor old Gamecube sitting behind Wii boxes in the glass case. It has literally been sitting there for years. Well, today I decided to ask the salesguy to price check it. He's like "It's probably still $100". So, I told him, just CHECK it anyway. It was price reduced to $49. So I said, the heck with it. Might have been the very last chance to get one fresh and new. Imagine that...buying a new GC in Oct 2009
smile.gif
I don;t think I am even going to open it. I'll just cram it away with some of my other "new" consoles
smile.gif

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could see if it was a dreamcast or something, but a gamecube?
Okay....I don't know why, since you can play GC games on wii, but if you have the money and want to make the gamecube feel good now that it has a home, I guess thats...alright

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NICE! i wish my GC still worked...my lil cousin spilled juice all over it,and tried to clean it,there was juice in the controller slots and she tried to get out the juice with some water....now its all yucky and rusty and idk what to do with it...the GC had quite some good games....

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Really? said:
ENDscape said:
You can sell it for more in the future. Especially since its never opened.

But why would anyone want it if you could play all the games and everything with a wii?
maybe one of those game console collectors will buy it xD i sold my sega genesis for $200 on craigslist xD. now all thats left to sell is my PS1....

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
good thing you did giving a new gamecube a home making it feel good about it salf gamecubs have been known to be self consious about their shape dont cha know i have 3 unoppned game cubes eb game sold them to me at once all 3 for 50$ what a steal

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Really? said:
I could see if it was a dreamcast or something, but a gamecube?
Okay....I don't know why, since you can play GC games on wii, but if you have the money and want to make the gamecube feel good now that it has a home, I guess thats...alright

Well, I have been a console collector since 1978
smile.gif
If I went by this rationale, I would not buy an Atari 2600 because I already had the Colecovision with an Expansion Module #1 or vice versa
smile.gif

That said, it is pretty nice knowing that I have a new GC packed away for someday. Who knows. Maybe I'll sell it years down the road for a premium, or maybe I'll just unpack it when I retire in my old age and be one of the very few people playing around with a "new" Gamecube... 40 years from now
smile.gif

$50 was cheap as hell too. The way I see it, I got an entire system for $10 less than an average new PS3 title....and I can't tell you how many times I dumped $60 on a crappy game in my lifetime!

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
good thing you did giving a new gamecube a home making it feel good about it salf gamecubs have been known to be self consious about their shape dont cha know i have 3 unoppned game cubes eb game sold them to me at once all 3 for 50$ what a steal
dem gamecubs sure is purty! I reckon I shuld go out an buy me 1.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
argh.. dont remind me how i dismantled and wrecked my brand new one lol... for $35 AUD see old topic..

anyways, good stuff
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!