Smeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I bought a N-Card2 from DealExtreme. They said "all software included, no need to download anything" but this was a lie, no software, no manual and the supplied web page "www.ncard2.com" is dead.

Can anyone point me to information/software/manuals for this card? I found information for the N-Card, but that one is very different from my card.

I see a lot of cards here, maybe some of them is "compatible"?

This is the one I got:

sku_26928_1.jpg

Page of DealExtreme

Any help would be really appreciated.

I hope I am in the right forum for this question. If not, please point me where to post this best.

Thanks,
- Oliver

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry to break it with you but...

You just wasted your money.I'd try to get a refund if I were you,since you do have a valid reason for asking one.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with lolzed. You just spent your money on a unpopular, or even a bad clone card, with, most likley, very bad support, both games and Homebrew. No software, and a dead site means you are quite scammed. Try to get a refund, and, if you want, buy a new one with the money you get refunded. You can always try Shoptemp. I'd recommend a Acekard type or R4, or a supercard dstwo. Those are most likely the best.

Smeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm,

Thanks. I could send it back, but I would prefer just to get the software and manual somehow/somewhere.

Am I really the only one having this card?

- Oliver

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
Of course not. But it isn't a popular card. And i guess like so many, it won't get updates anymore. The card is sure good for thousand of games. But i doubt it will run new Pockemon Games and other protected stuff.

The people are always just buying Acecard, Supercard and nothing else... boring...

Smeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK,

thanks to every one. I just will try to get it to work.

I liked about it:
- price
- new design (2009)
- 4GB internal memory (should be faster than sd)
- only one card, connectable directly to PC

I did not know there is no software or manual included. DX states "everything included"...
frown.gif

- Oliver

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bonny said:
QUOTE said:
Of course not. But it isn't a popular card. And i guess like so many, it won't get updates anymore. The card is sure good for thousand of games. But i doubt it will run new Pockemon Games and other protected stuff.

The people are always just buying Acecard, Supercard and nothing else... boring...
Having a card that plays the latest games is boring? Nay. Reading thread after thread about how somebody who failed to do even a cursory amount of research before buying a flashcart can't get new games to work? Now that's fucking boring.

Smeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did my research before
wink.gif
Just at the wrong places. I did read on wikipedia, the ncard was the original card cloned/copied by many. The maker told it is only a faster, bigger version of the old n-card and the additional card/usb adapter is no longer needed. The price was ok, so I thought it would be ok.

Some minutes ago I got a link drom DX with the software:

http://u.115.com/file/t120445327

Their first answer was, they don't have software. But after ~1 week today I got the link.

It's nearly the same as the link to linfox given, but there is one additional file: XDMENU.DAT is missing in the file on linfox.

So I think I'm golden with the software-side.

Now I only need a matching manual to be avle to format the card. I read I must do it from the DS and not from PC, right?

- Oliver

Smeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bonny said:
A manual, a printed one, is rarely coming with such cards. If you have problems you should maybe mail DX. A littel web research will also do...

First thing I did is I asked DX... But that didn't help until some minutes ago... I don't need a printed manual of course, pdf/website is ok.

My problem with web search is, I cannot find anything specific for N-Card II. I find a lot of information, for whicht I don't know if it is valid for my specific card.

- Oliver

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
Now I only need a matching manual to be avle to format the card. I read I must do it from the DS and not from PC, right?

It should be a "Button-hold-command" at boot-up. Like for the DS-Linker Card. Try holding Select+Start, L+R or something similar.

QUOTELike everybody else said: Please buy another card, since this one is crappy.
Babble, Babble... You shoule check your PM-Box:

"Signature removed by staff, check your PM box for details."

Smeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kwartel said:
Like everybody else said: Please buy another card, since this one is crappy.

Sorry,

I'm sure you mean well, but I need/want this to be working tomorrow, my daughter is visiting me and wants to play nintendogs
wink.gif

She has the DS, I only have the card. So I want all info in my hands to be able to get it to run fast when I try it inside the DS first.

I still don't understand why it is crappy. Missing software etc. is crap, yes. But if I get it to run, the card has everything I need featurewise, or am I wrong? I want to play some roms. Most of them very old. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this very old and boring console (I don't like the DS very much, but my daughter does). I think, it will be obsolete in 1-2 years, anyhow, when she gets older.

- Oliver

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is how it works for DS-Linker... also a card with internal memory:

How to FORMAT DSLinker?
# 1. Turn on power, enter DS/DS Lite menu first.
# 2. Hold "START+SELECT" and press "A" to enter DSLinker system.
# 3. A format menu will appear, can select quick format or full format.
# *Tips: You can also make a quick format on dslinker with dslinker writer inserted in slot2 by holding "DOWN+L+R+A+B" at startup and touch "DS LINKER" at the DS Menu if it is displayed.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
I still don't understand why it is crappy. Missing software etc. is crap, yes. But if I get it to run, the card has everything I need featurewise, or am I wrong? I want to play some roms. Most of them very old. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this very old and boring console (I don't like the DS very much, but my daughter does). I think, it will be obsolete in 1-2 years, anyhow, when she gets older.

Forget these Guys! Everything is crappy, if it's not Acecard, Supercard or has Wood-Firmware. They are just wisecracking...

Die wollen nur Klugscheissen *grins*

Smeagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bonny said:
This is how it works for DS-Linker... also a card with internal memory:

How to FORMAT DSLinker?
# 1. Turn on power, enter DS/DS Lite menu first.
# 2. Hold "START+SELECT" and press "A" to enter DSLinker system.
# 3. A format menu will appear, can select quick format or full format.
# *Tips: You can also make a quick format on dslinker with dslinker writer inserted in slot2 by holding "DOWN+L+R+A+B" at startup and touch "DS LINKER" at the DS Menu if it is displayed.

Thanks. But as most cards DSLinker need a 2nd card in slot 2, the N-CardII only uses a single card in Slot 1... So it may be different
wink.gif
My problem is, I don't have the DS here and I want to have it running as fast as possible when I see my daughter.

Maybe the files of the software tell you something? It may be "compatible" or a clone of some other card where info is available?

So I list the files:

ROOT:

TTMENU\
XDMENU.DAT

TTMENU\:

skin\
infolib.dat
language.ini
OPTIONS.SYS
reset.mse
savlib.dat
SOFTRST.SYS
system.ank
system.fon
system.l2u
system.u2l
ttreset.dat
ttsystem.ini
usrcheat.dat

In "skin\" is a folder "default" with some more files. Do you want them, too?
wink.gif

- Oliver

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go check the DSTT sub-forum.
Bonny said:
QUOTE said:
I still don't understand why it is crappy. Missing software etc. is ***, yes. But if I get it to run, the card has everything I need featurewise, or am I wrong? I want to play some roms. Most of them very old. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this very old and boring console (I don't like the DS very much, but my daughter does). I think, it will be obsolete in 1-2 years, anyhow, when she gets older.

Everything is crappy, if it's not supported.

Die wollen nur Klugscheissen *grins*
fix'd

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
Thanks. But as most cards DSLinker need a 2nd card in slot 2, the N-CardII only uses a single card in Slot 1... So it may be different
No. I own an DS-Linker EX. This is a One-Slot-Card with internal Memory. Just like your Card. And the Format-Guide works on it. So it's woth a try.

The Software looks familiar. The DS-Linker EX has a file called xmenu.dat in the root. It's the only file you need for it. Booting with this file creates the other files and folders.

The original NCard can be formatted via holding A,B,L,R and down on boot-up. This is also worth a try. Why formatt anyway? Can't you just put files on the card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-