1. SG911

SG911 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your vaction :) can't wait to see what updates you put next. Hoping for something like spirit orbs to be added, this app is wonderful tho!

2. mysticguy

mysticguy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I can confirm it will freeze on a new start. There is nothing for it to edit. Worked after going little further into game.

3. mysticguy

mysticguy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a question. Since I just started playing this game on my backup switch, why is it, I only see one of my saves? How do I get the editor to show my last save point? It only shows only of my earlier saves.

4. Slimy_snek17

Slimy_snek17 Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    how do i add this to hbmenu? i'm new to this.

5. JimmyDean42

JimmyDean42 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Left/right on the d pad buttons should do it.

6. Neo198494

Neo198494 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hello there
    I'm using this editor and it's very good
    I have some problemes with "bows", if i modified them i can't use it during the game, it's seems to be "blocked"

7. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Does this online BoTW Save Editor work on Switch version of game? I downloaded sample save from site, and it was for Wii U version. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

8. Skeet1983
    This message by Skeet1983 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 1, 2018, Reason: Triple post.
    Aug 31, 2018
  9. Skeet1983
    This message by Skeet1983 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 1, 2018, Reason: Triple post.
    Aug 31, 2018
  10. Skeet1983
    This message by Skeet1983 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 1, 2018, Reason: Quadruple post.
    Aug 31, 2018
  11. Msparky83

Msparky83 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, it does. Just use the save file from your switch instead of the sample file and then use whichever savemanager program you prefer to write it back to your nand.

12. j00manji

j00manji Member
    Newcomer

United States
    this is super nifty, looking forward any updates that happen!

13. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I guess there won't be anymore updates for this?

14. ctrlp

ctrlp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The creator, Jpe230, said there will be an update soon.

15. SG911

SG911 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    To be honest i don't think he's coming back to this anytime soon. That was august 15th but i could be wrong.

16. ctrlp

ctrlp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah In the meantime I decided to use https://www.marcrobledo.com/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/
    with Checkpoint and it works really well!

stevenlee85 and SG911 like this.
  17. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So much for him "returning" *eye rolls* Was hoping he'd update it cuz it's super easier to manage but oh well. I'll be using the browser editor then.

18. ctrlp

ctrlp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah he seems like a busy person... but have you tried Zelda Mod Selector?! You can select from any mods through a GUI right on the switch. You just have dl the mods from gamebanana and drag and drop into sd card then launch ZMS from homebrew menu.

19. Nazosan

Nazosan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Modding the game itself and editing your saves are two different things and not necessarily interchangeable (depending on what exactly one is trying to do.) Not to mention modding creates a whole extra layer of complexity through which problems can come into play. There is definitely something to be said for the sheer convenience and simplicity of just being able to do stuff in game, pop over to this without even getting up from the couch, and then increase durability or quantity or something. There are ups and downs to both sides, but the biggest down for that side is the sheer inconvenience and complexity of dealing with such things and the biggest down for this side is that it's simply limited in what it can do, so if this one can do what you need it is a better choice for many. (BTW, all that said, you can download the mods and apply them via LayeredFS without using special clients to do that.)

Anyway, if there is ever another update I'd like to suggest increasing the value that one can enter for durability. The maximum this allows is 999999, but the online save editor can set 6553500 which the game certainly has no problem with. And that number is already pretty weird (16-bits would be 65535, but tacking on an extra two blank digits is weird then.) I presume they tested higher values and it had to max out at this though. Right? Either way there's no reason the limit should be 999999 when it has been proven that 6553500 works fine with no game crashes or anything even assuming it can't go any higher still.

I guess it goes without saying that this would benefit from an ability to actually be able to specifically add/modify items like that online editor can do. I presume that at least was in consideration, though obviously that's a lot of work. I guess it still bears saying out just in case though.

Last edited by Nazosan, Oct 7, 2018
  20. ctrlp

ctrlp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah I know where you are coming from. I was comparing the current state of this GUI vs mods/zms. Basically the mods can give you all that this GUI currently offers, plus some more! I also figured if people use the GUI with some simple drag and drop then this may be an alternative option. With layeredfs, I think you need to remove the mods in the sd card around once you are done with them and vice versa when you need them again, That requires either ftp or physical removal of the card several times while ZMS lets you activate and deactivate right from a GUI. For what I needed, the mods ended up working out a little better than this currently limited GUI.

21. Nazosan

United States
    I don't think that you do.

No. You didn't read my post did you? I even gave you examples. I actually checked that site and I went ahead and got the durability mod (though from the looks of the list I'm not so sure it gets everything.) I already mentioned things like number of rupees, item quantities, etc that this can do. I didn't see any mod that would change those (it would actually be really hard to change those with a mod...) For that matter, while this GUI can't actually add in items, the online save editor can. (Just for the heck of it I actually started a new game a while back and gave myself the upgraded Sheikah armor. I've already beaten it twice, so at this point I'm just having fun exploring around and stuff and just don't want to have to even think about things like my favorite armor not being good enough for many enemies and weapon durability being set to assume all weapons are made out of tin.) There is no mod for that at all.

I'm not saying either is inherently better. In fact, just for the sheer heck of it I'm going to try the Linkle mod. As I said before, each has its own specific advantages and disadvantages. They just simply are not interchangeable. A save editor can't change Link to Linkle, but a mod can't give me 999 arrows so I don't have to spend 30 minutes after every single time I use my bow searching for every single arrow that hit the ground somewhere and practically tackling Beedle every time I see him to demand he give me all his stock immediately or suffer the consequences and to make sure to bring more next time or else (give me a mod for actually doing that! Lol.) You can't declare that one replaces the other outright like that because it's just simply not true.

Actually, GBATemp just reminded me of EdiZon. Perhaps we'll get good options for BOTW in that (I haven't checked yet, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't.) Sadly it will still never have stuff like adding items that the online editor can do though.

BTW, that UI you're so fond of probably just utilizes LayeredFS (frankly I don't see how else it could do it) and probably just moves files in and out of the game's folder. And there is a file manager in the homebrew for the Switch, so if you're actually adding and removing mods quite a lot you can use it to do so (though I can't really see why you'd be adding and removing so frequently in the first place frankly.)

Last edited by Nazosan, Oct 7, 2018
  22. rikm

rikm Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    So I've been fiddling with marcrobledo for a while seeing as this app here is not updated and I just can't seem to get what the bottom part of the middle box is for. (under where you choose if the weapon has a special perk like attack up, crit up, etc)

I thought it was to edit the damage value of the weapon somehow but whatever I punch in there doesn't do anything. Everything else works but that specific line doesn't say what it does nor does it seem to do anything..

?

Thanks!

23. Nazosan

United States
    If you mean the "modifier" that's for whatever effect is applied. For instance, if it's attack up the modifier sets the amount that attack is increased by. Not all values work for all effects. Some seem to outright fail to do anything at all and even break the effect (setting critical up too high for instance seems to make the critical up effect go away entirely.) So perhaps that's what's throwing you. It does work, but there are limitations that this thing doesn't apply which aren't all obvious (and frankly I just don't even know all of them.)

Seems you can set the attack modifier up pretty high though.

24. rikm

rikm Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Right on, that explains it then. Will fiddle with that thanks!

25. duncemonkey

duncemonkey Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Im a real newbie at this but I've tried a few things to get this to work but cant seem to.

I have the latest SX OS installed, switch firmware is fully updated and I've copied the GUI save editor to the swtich folder on the sdcard(exfat). tried multiple times to load the editor after starting game but nothing happens for me. Am I missing something? I've been through the forums and come across mentions of homebrew but theres so many options out there I don't know which one or how to apply it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated, thanks.

26. Nazosan

United States
    SX OS is probably not so homebrew friendly. What you might try doing is getting the NSP build of the homebrew launcher app and installing that. Then you can get to the homebrew apps from the official launcher directly. Alternately you could always just try using a standard CFW long enough to do the editing then go back for whatever reason you're using SX OS after the editing is complete.

duncemonkey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Version), Editor,