Gaming BOTW - can't start the game anymore

zyrien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well folks, i have a big problem. Since yesterday i can't start my BOTW(hacked ofcourse). I forgot to block the DNS when i switched wifi network, so when i started it, it tried to update somehow. Now i can't start it at all, it just says that i need this update.

Any tips?

thanks

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Delete the installed update-data and install the latest update v33 or whatever its called.
You should be able to find it on the web if you look around a bit.
I had the same issue so I know it works

zyrien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Delete the installed update-data and install the latest update v33 or whatever its called.
You should be able to find it on the web if you look around a bit.
I had the same issue so I know it works

Thanks!

Installed the game on the internal HDD tho, how do i delete it?

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!

Installed the game on the internal HDD tho, how do i delete it?

Go to settings, data management, internal, select the game, choose updata data and then delete.
I think thats hiow I did it.

But then you have to install the latest update for the "preparing update" to go away.

zyrien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to settings, data management, internal, select the game, choose updata data and then delete.
I think thats hiow I did it.

But then you have to install the latest update for the "preparing update" to go away.

Gonna try now, transfered the update files to SD card but when i try to transfer it to internal, wup installer just closes and i come back to the menu again

EDIT: i was a retard, sorry boys! forgot to reboot the wii U after i transfered the files to the SD :) now it works. Thanks!

Last edited by zyrien,

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I've been having the same issue this morning! I just deleted my update file. The thing is, I'm about to install the same update file. I don't see the DLC update (EUR) anywhere on the internet, and that is definitely what my Wii U is trying to update. Anyway, I'll see if reinstalling v33 is the key, but I'm unsure....

Edit: 25 minutes later and after re-installing the update, I check out my wifi settings. Yep.. my brother created a new connection without DNS block (he didn't know). Anyway, if you run into this issue, data management > zelda > delete update file only > reinstall update. Make sure DNS settings are all set still (look for red X on data management). Any questions, feel free to quote me and ask.

Last edited by Neath,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte