BOTW - can't start the game anymore

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by zyrien, Mar 5, 2017.

1. zyrien
    OP

zyrien Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    well folks, i have a big problem. Since yesterday i can't start my BOTW(hacked ofcourse). I forgot to block the DNS when i switched wifi network, so when i started it, it tried to update somehow. Now i can't start it at all, it just says that i need this update.

Any tips?

thanks

2. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2013
    Delete the installed update-data and install the latest update v33 or whatever its called.
    You should be able to find it on the web if you look around a bit.
    I had the same issue so I know it works

3. zyrien
    OP

zyrien Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Thanks!

Installed the game on the internal HDD tho, how do i delete it?

4. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2013
    Go to settings, data management, internal, select the game, choose updata data and then delete.
    I think thats hiow I did it.

But then you have to install the latest update for the "preparing update" to go away.

5. zyrien
    OP

zyrien Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Gonna try now, transfered the update files to SD card but when i try to transfer it to internal, wup installer just closes and i come back to the menu again

EDIT: i was a retard, sorry boys! forgot to reboot the wii U after i transfered the files to the SD :) now it works. Thanks!

Last edited by zyrien, Mar 5, 2017
  6. Neath

Neath Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2013
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello, I've been having the same issue this morning! I just deleted my update file. The thing is, I'm about to install the same update file. I don't see the DLC update (EUR) anywhere on the internet, and that is definitely what my Wii U is trying to update. Anyway, I'll see if reinstalling v33 is the key, but I'm unsure....

Edit: 25 minutes later and after re-installing the update, I check out my wifi settings. Yep.. my brother created a new connection without DNS block (he didn't know). Anyway, if you run into this issue, data management > zelda > delete update file only > reinstall update. Make sure DNS settings are all set still (look for red X on data management). Any questions, feel free to quote me and ask.

Last edited by Neath, Mar 7, 2017