Gaming BOTW Arrow Farming

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if you delete the update data the game will actually never let you start it back up unless you redownload the update. For physical games tho idk if you can play after you delete the update in the digital version

Not even if you still have a pre-update save and delete all internet settings so it has no way to get online to download an update?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How does it know? Has anyone figured that out? How does it know even after a reformat
The Switch isn't really hacked yet so there's no way for anyone to know.
But for example, when you format a 3DS it deletes certain files from NAND, but not all of them.
So it's probably something like that. It deletes user specific data, but other files (including the list of update versions) are left alone.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch isn't really hacked yet so there's no way for anyone to know.
But for example, when you format a 3DS it deletes certain files from NAND, but not all of them.
So it's probably something like that. It deletes user specific data, but other files (including the list of update versions) are left alone.
True, maybe when you update it also stores a value somewhere in the low-level file system

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL is the Switch magic then? Because in order for any video game system to play any games, I'm pretty sure that some amount of science is required.
It's not science it's just electricity and 1s and 0s.

In retrospect I guess the use of electricity kinda makes it science, a little bit

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not science it's just electricity and 1s and 0s.

In retrospect I guess the use of electricity kinda makes it science, a little bit

Haha of course binary, coding, etc. is all part of science. Any electronic device you have wouldn't possibly exist without some scientific knowledge.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say coding is science, it's just software

You're showing a lack of understanding of what science is. It's not just chemicals in beakers if that's what you think. There are college courses literally labeled as Computer Science where you learn how to program and develop software.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're showing a lack of understanding of what science is. It's not just chemicals in beakers if that's what you think. There are college courses literally labeled as Computer Science where you learn how to program and develop software.
I know it's not just beakers and stuff, also duh I'm dumb XD it's called computer science lol

Reactions: duffmmann

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are three options where game-updates are registered.
It's saved in you're account (switch NX account to test if it plays without updates)
It's saved on the cartridge (try another NX who has not played botw to check if it fails to run without updates)
It's in the NX file system (if both above fail)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill