Gaming botched case replacement, need guidance

durpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i bought a replacement case from ebay and got it 2 weeks later. i've already become familiar opening the bottom part of the ds but this was my first time opening the top. after several several attempts to slide the top shells together (the right side's tracks were bent in, that's why it wouldn't close) the left red speaker wire became disconnected from the ribbon.

i've never soldered anything before and i don't even have the tool/materials required for this so i'm making to post in the hopes that someone might be able to direct me on what exactly would i need to complete this (assuming) simple repair. like what kind of watts pen/gun would i need and the kind of solder i would need to join the wire to the ribbon again.

thanks
moogle.gif

durpy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the points are still there so i thought i could just reheat the point and stick it back in or is it harder than it sounds like?

thanks about the glue, i'll keep mind but i think the surface area is too tiny so i don't think the amount needed would be sufficient to allow it to bond without touching the black wire's point but i could be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion