Gaming Boring Anyone?

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time I play a new game on my Cyclods I have fun playing it for like the 1st day then it starts to get boring. When I also find new games that looks awsome, I play it then gets boring the next day or two. Does this happen to anyone else? I mean I was so HAPPY when my Cyclods arrived but now it seems useless XD. Any good games you guys like to talk about?

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for me its mainly rpg games that make me bored cuz it takees foreever but some are enjoing buuut im more of a simple racing aracade-ish genre
i mainly like to play simple minded games that are challenging like racing, metal slug, mario bros, that stuff

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's called being spoiled by piracy
wink.gif

I complete all the good games I buy.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a well-documented syndrome that happens to most folks when they get everything they want. I went through it in the first few months of having my flash card, and the only way around it (I believe) is self-discipline. Just grab the games you really want and try to make a conscious effort to feel some appreciation for them. After all, regardless of whether or not you actually paid for those games, someone put a lot of work into them.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
It's because you're spoilt for choice because of pirating the games haha.

If I find a good game i'll play it, but then a new game will come out and i'll be like ooh! and get that and play that instead.

Only a few pirated games have I completed. Whereas when I bought them, I actually played them as I had nothing else to complete.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
irpacynot said:
This is a well-documented syndrome that happens to most folks when they get everything they want. I went through it in the first few months of having my flash card, and the only way around it (I believe) is self-discipline. Just grab the games you really want and try to make a conscious effort to feel some appreciation for them. After all, regardless of whether or not you actually paid for those games, someone put a lot of work into them.

Yep, self-discipline...
I wasn't able to focus on a completing any pirated DS games for a long time...until TWEWY hit. Even then, I decided to buy it.
My advice: If you pirate, put fewer games on your card, as it makes it less tempting to switch from game to game.
smile.gif

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PaperPlane said:
sometimes i wish my microsd was 128 mb
me too, or just having one game at the time on a card. but then i tell myself "what if i am somewhere and i get bored by this game?", i can't bring myself to remove them.

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well half of the games are what I baught but any good recomdation for a game? Any kind that seems to be popular in these forums and thx for the tip irpacynot i will use it XD.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
irpacynot said:

If you have alot of choices, it becomes rather hard to decide what to do. I tend not to finish games that either suck or just would take too long like RPG.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I have Pirate Syndrome too
frown.gif

Before I had a flashcart, I bought a lot of SUCKY games (X-Men 3, Justice League Heroes, Spyro etc.) But I played and finished all of them, now I can't even get past 1 hour of Final Fantasy 3.

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I got my first gameboy and bought all my games, each game was super fun (except rampage, don't know why I wasted money on that). Nowadays most games only catch my attention for a few seconds. I only play simple games now. I suppose so many games have dulled my sense of quality.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It isn't pirate syndrome believe it or not.

But you ARE suffering from having too many options.

I have recently decided to replace my 35th scale armour models with a line Tamiya has out in 48th scale (also newer tech making them great kits too). But all of my models are definitely purchased (can't download physical items yet
smile.gif
).
Still, some days it can be hard to decide which model to make when I have so many.

Same troubles basically. Thus, it can't be blamed on piracy.

All you can do, is force yourself to have maybe only 3 games on the card. That way when you want to play, your choices are harshly cut back. Hey, it's not like you can't ever change the games eh. I store all the games I have ever deemed worth giving a damn about on dvd. If I never play them, who cares. But I don't fill a 2 gig card with 2 gigs of games just because the card is 2 gigs in size.

KendiKong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how you feel. When i got my first card, I bought 2 2GB microsd cards and stuffed them to the max with 100 games. Several Months later, I only managed to play through a couple of games, and most haven't even received an hours worth of play.

I haven't finished a single RPG on the system. All of them start off so slowly, it gets really boring.

I only get to finish games with fantastic gameplay(Picross, Tetris), or a games with great interesting stories(Hotel Dusk, phoenix wright)

greygoosecat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meh...I started having problems with boredom long before flashcarts. I usually try to keep a wide variety of games to solve that. Or...Just go by what I prefer for that day/week...which changes quite frequently. However, I expect it to and stop playing my DS when I find myself bored. For me, it's more an issue of "been there, done that." Much of the games don't have much new to offer. At least I don't feel so. Or perhaps I'm getting too old to enjoy...

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm thinking back i've wasted a lot of games but i've also completed many
usually i get bored and stop playing them, after a while i'll continue from my save and find it fun again and finish it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up