Boring Anyone?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by TwinBlades, Aug 27, 2008.

Aug 27, 2008

Boring Anyone? by TwinBlades at 1:18 AM (4,080 Views / 0 Likes) 46 replies

1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Every time I play a new game on my Cyclods I have fun playing it for like the 1st day then it starts to get boring. When I also find new games that looks awsome, I play it then gets boring the next day or two. Does this happen to anyone else? I mean I was so HAPPY when my Cyclods arrived but now it seems useless XD. Any good games you guys like to talk about?

2. genuisgeek

Member genuisgeek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    for me its mainly rpg games that make me bored cuz it takees foreever but some are enjoing buuut im more of a simple racing aracade-ish genre
    i mainly like to play simple minded games that are challenging like racing, metal slug, mario bros, that stuff

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    It's called being spoiled by piracy [​IMG]

I complete all the good games I buy.

4. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    This is a well-documented syndrome that happens to most folks when they get everything they want. I went through it in the first few months of having my flash card, and the only way around it (I believe) is self-discipline. Just grab the games you really want and try to make a conscious effort to feel some appreciation for them. After all, regardless of whether or not you actually paid for those games, someone put a lot of work into them.

5. Rehehelly

Member Rehehelly GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's because you're spoilt for choice because of pirating the games haha.

If I find a good game i'll play it, but then a new game will come out and i'll be like ooh! and get that and play that instead.

Only a few pirated games have I completed. Whereas when I bought them, I actually played them as I had nothing else to complete.

6. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Yep, self-discipline...
    I wasn't able to focus on a completing any pirated DS games for a long time...until TWEWY hit. Even then, I decided to buy it.
    My advice: If you pirate, put fewer games on your card, as it makes it less tempting to switch from game to game. [​IMG]

7. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    sometimes i wish my microsd was 128 mb

8. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    me too, or just having one game at the time on a card. but then i tell myself "what if i am somewhere and i get bored by this game?", i can't bring myself to remove them.

9. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I tried haveing only ten games at a time on my DS, but then I could help getting more.

10. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Well half of the games are what I baught but any good recomdation for a game? Any kind that seems to be popular in these forums and thx for the tip irpacynot i will use it XD.

11. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If you have alot of choices, it becomes rather hard to decide what to do. I tend not to finish games that either suck or just would take too long like RPG.

12. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You have Pirate's Syndrome. The only cure is to send me your Cyclo and MicroSD, then start buying real games one at a time.

13. Fakie!

Member Fakie! GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    How many games do you recommend having at a time? I think have the syndrome too [​IMG]

14. Batman55

Member Batman55 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I think I have Pirate Syndrome too [​IMG]

Before I had a flashcart, I bought a lot of SUCKY games (X-Men 3, Justice League Heroes, Spyro etc.) But I played and finished all of them, now I can't even get past 1 hour of Final Fantasy 3.

15. Trippy

Member Trippy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I remember when I got my first gameboy and bought all my games, each game was super fun (except rampage, don't know why I wasted money on that). Nowadays most games only catch my attention for a few seconds. I only play simple games now. I suppose so many games have dulled my sense of quality.

16. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    It isn't pirate syndrome believe it or not.

But you ARE suffering from having too many options.

I have recently decided to replace my 35th scale armour models with a line Tamiya has out in 48th scale (also newer tech making them great kits too). But all of my models are definitely purchased (can't download physical items yet [​IMG]).
    Still, some days it can be hard to decide which model to make when I have so many.

Same troubles basically. Thus, it can't be blamed on piracy.

All you can do, is force yourself to have maybe only 3 games on the card. That way when you want to play, your choices are harshly cut back. Hey, it's not like you can't ever change the games eh. I store all the games I have ever deemed worth giving a damn about on dvd. If I never play them, who cares. But I don't fill a 2 gig card with 2 gigs of games just because the card is 2 gigs in size.

17. KendiKong

Newcomer KendiKong Advanced Member

United States
    I know how you feel. When i got my first card, I bought 2 2GB microsd cards and stuffed them to the max with 100 games. Several Months later, I only managed to play through a couple of games, and most haven't even received an hours worth of play.

I haven't finished a single RPG on the system. All of them start off so slowly, it gets really boring.

I only get to finish games with fantastic gameplay(Picross, Tetris), or a games with great interesting stories(Hotel Dusk, phoenix wright)

18. greygoosecat

Newcomer greygoosecat Advanced Member

United States
    meh...I started having problems with boredom long before flashcarts. I usually try to keep a wide variety of games to solve that. Or...Just go by what I prefer for that day/week...which changes quite frequently. However, I expect it to and stop playing my DS when I find myself bored. For me, it's more an issue of "been there, done that." Much of the games don't have much new to offer. At least I don't feel so. Or perhaps I'm getting too old to enjoy...

19. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Yep, definitely a case of pirate syndrome. DeMoN has the appropriate cure. [​IMG]

20. svnelvn

Newcomer svnelvn Advanced Member

United States
    hmm thinking back i've wasted a lot of games but i've also completed many
    usually i get bored and stop playing them, after a while i'll continue from my save and find it fun again and finish it