Borderlands 2 VR slated for this winter

Borderlands-2-VR-ds1-670x377-constrain.png

The 2012 shooter and second entry in the Borderlands series, Borderlands 2, will be coming to VR. Co-op elements will be removed from the game as a trade off, in order to bring about a virtual reality experience, and other small changes will be made to adapt Borderlands to for the new platform. As to celebrate the second anniversary of the PSVR, it'll be a PlayStation VR exclusive, and will launch on December 14th, for $49.99.

Nightflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No Co-op in a Co-op game, great! Other than that, PSVR exclusives suck, VR will never reach a bigger audience with exclusives here and there, such a wasted opportunity... (I know, PSVR is already made for the casual masses and sold considerably well but nevertheless)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well.. The saturation starts.. I used the PSVR for the first time last week. It was cool... Except. For the fact I had no analog so movement in Doom and Skyrim was terrible. Borderlands will meet the same fate :/

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Behold, the skyrim effect. Why make new games when you can just re-market your greatest hit?

i see it as the developers still trying to figure out how to make a functional VR game with the hopes of using the popularity of the original game as a saftey net. since VR game development is still relatively new it is a shortcut to use a old game as a base and focus on the actual motion controls. its sad that vr still feels like a reluctant to die experiment.

Reactions: Kioku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As to celebrate the second anniversary of the PSVR, it'll be a PlayStation VR exclusive, and will launch on December 14th, for $49.99.
Oh come the fuck on. Sony is killing me with these exclusivity contracts. Not helpful to VR gaming in general, either.

Another VR rail shooter, meh
"Rail shooter?" You know there are plenty of VR shooters you can move around freely in, right?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem of them re-imaging old games for VR. Hopefully this inspires more devs to make a vr option for their new games.

Well.. The saturation starts.. I used the PSVR for the first time last week. It was cool... Except. For the fact I had no analog so movement in Doom and Skyrim was terrible. Borderlands will meet the same fate :/
Well, apparently that's their goal for a new controller. Link

Side note - I either just learn or forgot about the Aim Controller.

Last edited by KingVamp,
Reactions: Xzi and Kioku

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The trade off doesn't really make sense. Why can't they have VR and multiplayer? Hey that might actually make local multiplayer even better.
Another VR rail shooter, meh
Never heard of an open world rpg rail shooter before :unsure:

Last edited by The Catboy,
D

Deleted User

$50 USD for a Borderlands game without co-op? I'm glad they're doing this instead of releasing 3.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not Borderlands 3 - The game! In VR! Without a PC release or Multiplayer!
Maybe a bit sarcastic, but im somewhat upset this is what their money goes to, and it doesn't even come to pc. I guess ultrawide is the closest i'll get

Reactions: Neo127

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning