Hacking Borderlands 2 on Vita (*.ini file)

AllShamButNoWow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks! Didn't even think of that. I'll post updates and the .bin file once I got everything to an acceptable state. Sometimes the game crashes If I turn on/off some settings and the OP said his vita fried so I'll give updates to what is good/bad. I can probably upload it tomorrow or sometime during the week.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also were any of you able to get the console key to work? For PC its in the willowinput.ini file and it seems to be the same for vita, just control+F this: ConsoleKey=Tilde. Tried changing it to L+R but haven't got anything to work. We might be able to exe .txt files (like the community PC patch that was recently released) or change the FOV

Reactions: Last1SiN

Last1SiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
thanks! Didn't even think of that. I'll post updates and the .bin file once I got everything to an acceptable state. Sometimes the game crashes If I turn on/off some settings and the OP said his vita fried so I'll give updates to what is good/bad. I can probably upload it tomorrow or sometime during the week.

Also were any of you able to get the console key to work? For PC its in the willowinput.ini file and it seems to be the same for vita, just control+F this: ConsoleKey=Tilde. Tried changing it to L+R but haven't got anything to work. We might be able to exe .txt files (like the community PC patch that was recently released) or change the FOV
Nice research, waiting for your files.

an07her

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not posting any screenshots because my Vita in cook, fry is broken!

default_rofl.gif

Even russians speak better :rofl2:
And besides, Vita BRICK from ini... sounds a bit too realistic...:unsure:

Last edited by an07her,

Maverick81PL

OP
Trophies
Website
teammaverickone.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Poland
default_rofl.gif

Even russians speak better :rofl2:
And besides, Vita BRICK from ini... sounds a bit too realistic...:unsure:

sorry I reply from my fone...

and yes using one option in *.ini file overheat your GPU in Vita (NO BRICK, permanently fry your vita) Thats why this *.ini files are set to read only.

Last edited by Maverick81PL,

AllShamButNoWow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aren't there special perimeters that stop all systems in the vita if it gets too hot? I thought that's partially why we can't overclock anywhere past 400/200/200mhz. So far, I haven't had single modification to the .ini that has toasted my vita and I'm like 80% through almost all the settings that I know can be changed on the PC version

Last1SiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
sorry I reply from my fone...

and yes using one option in *.ini file overheat your GPU in Vita (NO BRICK, permanently fry your vita) Thats why this *.ini files are set to read only.
So why don't you tell us those file-names?

I'm like 80% through almost all the settings that I know can be changed on the PC version
Niiiice. Waiting for what you'll get.

Last edited by Last1SiN,

Nad45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hi
Could you upload your bin file? Did you manage to improve performance?

resetes12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theoretically, editing the .ini reducing the resolution (which is native on this port) and removing the outline could improve the performance. Maybe you can add the softshadows that the game has on PC when you disable dynamic shadows.

Can this be done?

AllShamButNoWow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the lowest I got the game without crashing, Sorry for the delay :/
btw I didn't have any problems with my vita frying so idk what OP is on about, there was no HDR function in Unreal Engine 3 as far as I know.
And if your using a vitamin dumped version, or a pre 1.09 mai dump it may crash at the main menu although for 1.09 mai dumped version, it seems to work just as usual.
Expect anywhere from your regular 15fps-60fps, but usually somewhere inbetween with using oclock vita. In the future I'll post a full tutorial on (https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/) but for now heres the download (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_xk-lpxZ-kxS1RiQkt4bUNPSm8)

For the resolution change, it seems to crash on any version when editing the coalesed_INT.bin resX, and ResY settings but there are ways to increase/decrease resolution from editing the eboot (I'd asume using a hex editor) as a dude from (https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/637np7/problematic_psp_game_fixes_force_unleashed/) said he was able to edit these. Idk how he did it, might look into it later.

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the lowest I got the game without crashing, Sorry for the delay :/
btw I didn't have any problems with my vita frying so idk what OP is on about, there was no HDR function in Unreal Engine 3 as far as I know.
And if your using a vitamin dumped version, or a pre 1.09 mai dump it may crash at the main menu although for 1.09 mai dumped version, it seems to work just as usual.
Expect anywhere from your regular 15fps-60fps, but usually somewhere inbetween with using oclock vita. In the future I'll post a full tutorial on (https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/) but for now heres the download (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_xk-lpxZ-kxS1RiQkt4bUNPSm8)

For the resolution change, it seems to crash on any version when editing the coalesed_INT.bin resX, and ResY settings but there are ways to increase/decrease resolution from editing the eboot (I'd asume using a hex editor) as a dude from (https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/637np7/problematic_psp_game_fixes_force_unleashed/) said he was able to edit these. Idk how he did it, might look into it later.
did you make a tutorial yet? if so i can't find it...
Also 60fps?! that sounds WAYYYY to good to be true even with oclock vita (i could be VERRRY wrong though)

AllShamButNoWow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, the tutorial may happen later when I can find some time so you can create your own balance of graphics/frame rate. The file I uploaded is the lowest possible config I could get without crashing just to prove how manf fps we can get. But its really only 60fps in places like the beginning like claptraps place when your just walking around and shooting a bit. Generally its 25-40fps when in larger areas, but sancturary still drops ALOT down to 15-25fps. The port overall doesn't seem to be optimized very well, and the the only way to fix those problems are if we are able to change settings like texture filtering, texture quality, and resolution (the 3 main factors to fps as far as I know with BL2).
And remember, use Oclcokvita plugin! Its the real dealb breaker, you can find it here (https://github.com/frangarcj/oclockvita/releases)

Last edited by AllShamButNoWow_,

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the tutorial may happen later. But its really only 60fps in places like the beginning like claptraps place when your just walking around and shooting a bit. Generally its 25-40fps when in larger areas, but sancturary still drops ALOT down to 15-25fps. The port overall doesn't seem to be optimized very well, and the the only way to fix those problems are if we are able to change settings like texture filtering, texture quality, and resolution (the 3 main factors to fps as far as I know with BL2)
when will you do the tutorial? (just curious)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol