Hacking Bootmii

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all the help threads I've been making, but everytime I open bootmii, it unsyncs the remotes. I've tried for atleast 20 minutes to resync it but to no avail. Some advice would be helpful

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, I have another question though.

I'm trying to install cIOS36 rev10 but every time it gets to installing the ticket, it gets an error and then stops working.

Because of this, I can't use IOS downgrader and cIOS downgrader to continue in downgradin my Wii. The serial is LU33

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're probably running system menu 3.4, I had the same problem trying to install cIOS on a friend's Wii that was at 3.4.

First you need to run CMDVDX35.dol (you can get it in this thread, in the Offline Upgrade package) and select Downgrade IOS35. Whether it says network error or not doesn't matter, after it's done choose exit. Then run WAD Manager 1.4, select IOS35 and install "IOS35-64-v1040.wad" (also available in the Offline Upgrade package). Then exit WAD Manager, start it again, choose IOS35 and install CIOS_FIX.wad from the Offline Upgrade package. Finally, run the cIOS rev10 installer again, this time it should install perfectly.

I followed these exact steps on my friend's 3.4 Wii (that had the same ret -2011 error despite trying a bunch of other stuff) and I was able to install cIOS Rev10 no problem.

Meanwhile I recommend following all the steps in the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide thread to upgrade your Wii to System Menu 4.0. It really has no disadvantages so long as you follow the instructions to a T, everything will work perfectly. Oh, and don't install CIOSCORP, or YOU'LL LOSE THE GAME.

I hope this helps!
smile.gif

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dteyn said:
You're probably running system menu 3.4, I had the same problem trying to install cIOS on a friend's Wii that was at 3.4.

First you need to run CMDVDX35.dol (you can get it in this thread, in the Offline Upgrade package) and select Downgrade IOS35. Whether it says network error or not doesn't matter, after it's done choose exit. Then run WAD Manager 1.4, select IOS35 and install "IOS35-64-v1040.wad" (also available in the Offline Upgrade package). Then exit WAD Manager, start it again, choose IOS35 and install CIOS_FIX.wad from the Offline Upgrade package. Finally, run the cIOS rev10 installer again, this time it should install perfectly.

I followed these exact steps on my friend's 3.4 Wii (that had the same ret -2011 error despite trying a bunch of other stuff) and I was able to install cIOS Rev10 no problem.

Meanwhile I recommend following all the steps in the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide thread to upgrade your Wii to System Menu 4.0. It really has no disadvantages so long as you follow the instructions to a T, everything will work perfectly. Oh, and don't install CIOSCORP, or YOU'LL LOSE THE GAME.

I hope this helps!
smile.gif

Thanks a bunch, I kind of experimented and did all that before you told me, but your information was great. Its people like you that still keep interest in homebrew alive and welcoming to those who got alittle rusty (like me). cheers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1