Hacking BootMii

fvnfish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If im running bootmii just as an IOS and want it to launch bootmii when i turn it on do i type

VIDEO=NTSCAUTOBOOT=BOOTMII

also why doesn't power move the bootmii menu to the right i only can press reset and it goes to system menu

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed BootMii to boot2 and then backed up my NAND. Went smooth as hell. Then I installed a new Health screen and now I'm doing some other stuff that I had been afraid to do in the past. Worst case I could pull my Infectus out of my 360 to fix it but this is so much easier. Wii hacking without fear!!

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Seriously, If you cannot take the time to read through a bunch of crap, there are threads stickied (sp?) to the top of this forum topic. Even one named something about questions for noobs. If you are not smart enough to somewhat observe the surroundings that you are in b4 giving up and asking questions, then you need to quit while you are ahead bc you will just be a leech onto what could be a growing community without people like you.

The 5 same questions have been answered on nearly each page of this thread. If you dont have the time then dont fucking bother. This community entices intelligence and shames upon ignorance, stupidity, and the inability to look for yourself first.

There are threads for common questions and noobs. Anyone new should read them first. This thread her should strictly be for new things about bootmii. People should ask questions if there is an unknown issue. Better yet, the bootmii forums. All fucking stupid go there and see how long they tolerate it....not long at all.

Seriously, I have the same belief for forums as those that I think they should have for would-be parents. The governing authority should give a test, and stupid people who fucking fail should not be allowed to breed or respond on one of these forums. (I think I might have made a few in-breeders upset. Go back to Tennesse).

Finally someone else with an ounce of common sense about them! why not just dose the water supply of slums with high doses of Bupropion HCL.. makes all the dumb fucks happy and takes away their sex drive at the same time ( could easily be reversed by an application process and inhibitor drug!) call me a nazi if you want fuckers!... and you are right.... 95% of breeding is fucking by morons!

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So from what I read, HBC 1.0.2 is not capable of reading USB HDD partitions yet.

What about the nand? When I backup what does it really consist off? The IOS/CIOSES/channels?

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
So from what I read, HBC 1.0.2 is not capable of reading USB HDD partitions yet.

What about the nand? When I backup what does it really consist off? The IOS/CIOSES/channels?

Precisely. Everything that exists after boot2.

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
Shinigami Kiba said:
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
for God's sake people... read the fucking thread.. yes the entire 31+ pages.. it took me 20 minutes (with 7 beers in me!!!) ... all my questions are answered... quit being stupid illiterate bastards! I saw the same 5 questions 2 million fucking times.. my god!!!! I have a headache now (no not from the beer.. from stupidity!!!!!)

stop bitchin
not everyone has the time to read through a ton of text, sometimes it's just faster to ask a question, get an answer and move on, if you don't want to answer the damn questions then don't, but I hate it when people complain about this, I for one HATE reading and I hate reading through giant topics just to find an answer to a question that might or might not be in there.

just out of curiosity what the hell do you want to know that hasn't been addressed? I will be more than jovial to oblige you with a proper response?!?!? and I repeat through my bitching... "you ILLITERATE BASTARD!!!" THINK HOW QUICK YOUR COULD FIND AN ANSWER IF SOO MANY DICKHEADS WOULD ACTUALLY READ INSTEAD OF POSTING THE SAME DAMN THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN..... IT CALLED FLOODING... STOP THE SHIT!!

i MEAN IT'S ONE THING NOT TO KNOW SOMETHING BECAUSE A THREAD GETS BURIED IN THE 740+ TOPICS ON THE FORUM.. BUT I MEAN COME ON NOW!!! THIS IS 1 THREAD!

NOTICE MY POST COUNT... IT'S SO LOW BECAUSE I TRY MY BEST NOT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS!!!

STUPID QUESTION = A QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ANSWERED MORE THAN TWICE IN THE SAME THREAD! (YES IT'S OK IF YOU MISS IT ONCE! BUT TWICE... COME ON NOW!)

Your caps lock is on.

To all you people griping about noobish questions, let me ask you a question.

Were you not a noob once? Was there a time when you did not understand everything?

What's more annoying? The same questions over and over, or the people that bitch over and over about the same questions?

Let's put it into simple terms. When you were in school, and you needed to know something fast, did you look through the whole fucking textbook or even search the index, or did you just fucking ask the teacher?

Grow up and chill out.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
diffikolt said:
Bloodlust said:

Precisely.

So in other words, the nand is like a system's image when a backup is made using PM?

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
diffikolt said:
Bloodlust said:

Precisely.

So in other words, the nand is like a system's image when a backup is made using PM?

Very similar, yes. Also similar to System Restore points in Windows.

Think of Bootmii as the BIOS of your computer...it's the very first thing to load. Normally, it goes straight to Windows/etc.

However, if you have a disc in the drive(if your BIOS is setup the way it should be. :-p), it asks to load from that disc.

If you have an SD card with the right files, Bootmii will allow you to restore any major issues you may have caused, as long as you have a good NAND backup. HBC can be deleted, allowing you to not recover.. System Menu files can be deleted. Etc. So, the NAND backup is very important.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diffikolt said:
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
Shinigami Kiba said:
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
for God's sake people... read the fucking thread.. yes the entire 31+ pages.. it took me 20 minutes (with 7 beers in me!!!) ... all my questions are answered... quit being stupid illiterate bastards! I saw the same 5 questions 2 million fucking times.. my god!!!! I have a headache now (no not from the beer.. from stupidity!!!!!)

stop bitchin
not everyone has the time to read through a ton of text, sometimes it's just faster to ask a question, get an answer and move on, if you don't want to answer the damn questions then don't, but I hate it when people complain about this, I for one HATE reading and I hate reading through giant topics just to find an answer to a question that might or might not be in there.

just out of curiosity what the hell do you want to know that hasn't been addressed? I will be more than jovial to oblige you with a proper response?!?!? and I repeat through my bitching... "you ILLITERATE BASTARD!!!" THINK HOW QUICK YOUR COULD FIND AN ANSWER IF SOO MANY DICKHEADS WOULD ACTUALLY READ INSTEAD OF POSTING THE SAME DAMN THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN..... IT CALLED FLOODING... STOP THE SHIT!!

i MEAN IT'S ONE THING NOT TO KNOW SOMETHING BECAUSE A THREAD GETS BURIED IN THE 740+ TOPICS ON THE FORUM.. BUT I MEAN COME ON NOW!!! THIS IS 1 THREAD!

NOTICE MY POST COUNT... IT'S SO LOW BECAUSE I TRY MY BEST NOT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS!!!

STUPID QUESTION = A QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ANSWERED MORE THAN TWICE IN THE SAME THREAD! (YES IT'S OK IF YOU MISS IT ONCE! BUT TWICE... COME ON NOW!)

Your caps lock is on.

Were you not a noob once? Was there a time when you did not understand everything?

What's more annoying? The same questions over and over, or the people that bitch over and over about the same questions?

Let's put it into simple terms. When you were in school, and you needed to know something fast, did you look through the whole fucking textbook or even search the index, or did you just fucking ask the teacher?

Grow up and chill out.

I researched it myself... I read the entire text book! My teachers never had all the answers. and yes I was a noob.. and yes I have asked a stupid question or two.. but this thread is ridiculous.. if you don't agree you are just another one who didn't take the time to read through it all!

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
@ diffikolt

i am currently at uni, and asking the lecturer/tutor is a last resort. i do research first, then, if all else fails, i ask the lecturer/tutor. if you dont do your research before, they will know and tell you to find out for yourself first.

its the same here. most of the basic questions people have, have already been answered plenty of times before. do your research, and if you cant find an answer, ask. there is no excuse (imo) for stupid questions like "why doesnt my homebrew channel have a link to bootmii", or "why wont it boot into the system menu?" or "why cant hbc read my sdhc card anymore?" etc etc etc. even worse is the stupid questions like "what is boot2?". crediar himself said if you dont know what youre doing, dont install bootmii.

the search function, while not great, does work for finding the answers to these basic questions. use it.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
And the simple answer:
No there isn't such a tool and there never will be, since it's risky, it would be a LOT of work and people who aren't complete morons can do what you are trying with tools that already exist.

Now I remember why I stopped coming to this site before. Fuckleheads like you are about as useless as Stephen Hawking's dick.

But it's ok, Jesus still loves you.
tongue.gif

Anyways, I'm going to attempt to flash my Wii with a NAND dump from a fellow friend's system within the next few days. I'll thoroughly test it out and post the results when I get around to it.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahaha JohnnyCheeks!! Stephen hawkings dick!! LoL... almost as useless as his theories on blackholes and quantum fluctuations and his complete disregaurd for the existence of supersolids and fermions while adhering to the archaic peice of shit we call the law of thermodynamics!

P.S. would be interested to read over you results of transferring nand dumps.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use a separate SD card to backup my NAND? It says it needs to reformat the card, and I don't want to lose everything that's on there.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
almost as useless as his theories on blackholes and quantum fluctuations and his complete disregaurd for the existence of supersolids and fermions while adhering to the archaic peice of shit we call the law of thermodynamics!
I never said his brain was useless. But there does seem to be a strong correlation between lack of sex and thinking too much.

QUOTE(rAiN mAn 2o0o @ May 15 2009, 06:36 AM) P.S. would be interested to read over you results of transferring nand dumps.
I'm more interested than anybody else I hope. I'm curious about things like purchased Wii shop apps, possible conflicts from system IDs, etc. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work at all... But hey what's the harm in trying now that BootMii is out?

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
diffikolt said:
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:
Shinigami Kiba said:
rAiN mAn 2o0o said:

stop bitchin

Your caps lock is on.

Grow up and chill out.

I researched it myself... I read the entire text book! My teachers never had all the answers. and yes I was a noob.. and yes I have asked a stupid question or two.. but this thread is ridiculous.. if you don't agree you are just another one who didn't take the time to read through it all!

well good for you!
but you gotta understand, not everyone's a bookworm, not everyone likes researchin crap or reading a ton of crap, some of us just want to get things done and don't feel like wasting time researching all sorts of crap, most of which won't have any impact on our lives whatsoever.

also it's better when you get answers for your specific questions than when you read up on stuff sometimes.

again, don't expect everyone to have the patience about reading a ton of text like you, some of us can't do that and don't intend on wasting out rime to do it either.

jmlee337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyCheeks said:
Anyways, I'm going to attempt to flash my Wii with a NAND dump from a fellow friend's system within the next few days. I'll thoroughly test it out and post the results when I get around to it.

I don't think you can do that, I thought I saw somebody ask about this somewhere (I can't find it atm) and someone else replied and said that it would brick the wii because of the signing stuff in NAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso