Hacking Bootmii not loading!

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In one of my last posts I had problems with BootMii due to a brick on my part.

So, I fixed that like a month+ or so ago... however I recently got a new error.

It seems my BootMii doesn't load properly.

Things that changed inbetween was that I installed priiloader and that's pretty much it.
I also moved my wii to another room but I highly doubt using another TV has anything to do with it.

I believe I had installed BootMii v4.

Things to know
:[*]Installed priiloader.[*]Move Wii to a different TV.[*]Checked to see if everything else works, which does.[*]Stopped playing Wii for like a month.Moving on... So I put bootmii folder into the SD card, then turn on the Wii.

I expect the bootmii window to show up but instead my TV [which is in VIDEO] goes black to indicate I had turn on my Wii, and after a few seconds it goes back to blue screen.
I check my Wii to realize that it stays on the blue screen and my Wii is indeed hooked up right and ON because when I hit the reset button it starts out alright and I am able to navigate through my Wii.

What I tried to do was install the newest Hackmii installer v8, Installed the newest HBC, uninstalled bootmii as IOS [I had mine as boot2 or w.e I use the SD with bootmii folder], so I get the new HBC, which looks even cooler btw, so I try to reboot the Wii to see if bootmii worked but it didn't.

If anyone can help me out here that'd be swell!

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update your Bootmii as well as HBC? If not, try that.
smile.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Actually switching TV's can prevent the output not being correct and not displaying, but bootmii is still running in that case and it's still possible to circumnavigate the bootmii menu (of course blind). I think it had something to do with the output settings in the bootmii.ini file.

Priiloader may have something to do with it, unfortunately I only use bootmii vs. priiloader so I can't help you there.

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did switch between an HD TV to an SD [reason is cuz the HD TV isn't mine and I feel really uncomfortable playing on it].

kirokun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta got it right, it really was the TVs.

I dunno why but I can see the bootmii menu on the HD but not on the SD.
I even tried both component and the red/white/yellow cables on the SD [which supports components] and they didnt work.

Thanks for the help guys!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! I had the same problem before =P

If you remember the output settings it's an easy text edit to switch between them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over