Hacking Bootmii NAND dump fails verification

brausm08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've seen bad blocks is almost every wii i've modded, but this is different.....

while doing a bootmii NAND backup, has anyone ever encountered an "uncorrectable page" which then goes on to fail verification at those locations... this being my tenth wii mod that i'm doing, i have never encountered this or even heard of it.... i've tried it twice (with different SDHC cards) and the dump met that same fate at the same place....then i rebooted the wii and tried again with a 3rd card (2GB SD) and that too failed at the same place....

after that...i formatted the third card, replaced the bootmii files with a different set and still got the same error....even tried reinstalling bootmii.

any ideas? ..is the dump useful?....the verification complete's it's just those blocks which fail verification.

the wii: LU70 wii (so bootmii@IOS only) using bootmii v0.8 (latest)
the cards: a Sandisk Ultra II 8GB (verified working on a prior wii), an A-DATA 4GB, Corsair 2GB (verified working on a prior wii)

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't risk installing it untill you've verified that the contents are right. try extracting the dump for use with sneek. if it runs ok under sneek it should be okay to use... Though I don't know that bootmii will install it if the verify fails.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-