Hacking bootmii detects sd card, system menu cannot read it

camar3na

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have been trying to resolve this for months, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
while updating my wii i removed the homebrew channel and now i cant install it again, bannerbomb does not work, i get the bootmii screen and i still have the usbloader gx channel, but i cant update or install any other homebrew. can i install the homebrew channel from bootmii? or from the usbloader gx? i believe it has an option to launch homebrew apps, am i screwed?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yes you can install HBC from bootmii. Just put bootmini.elf from the Hackmii installation in the root of your SD card and in bootmii choose the SD card function and launch bootmini.elf.

camar3na

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thank you very much!!! now i can run stuff from a usb stick, i read somewhere that the problem with sd slot could have something to do with using a diferent ios at launch, do you know anything about this? thanks again!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This should mostly be a problem with sdhc cards, just about everything supports different sdhc cards. If you are really using a sd card, i'm glad it works now for you.

camar3na

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i am ctually using a 1g micro sd card with the adaptor, and it works only for homebrew,not for the wii system menu. that is why i think it could be an ios ro cios problem. i tried several cards before hc ond non-hc and neither work. well, i am glad i can still use all my stuff from a usb stick, althoug a would still like to be able to use sd cards, since theyre usually faster.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, i got a new idea. Do you use a Mac? If yes, your sd cards are most likely formatted with GUID instead of a MBR, which is something that shouldn't be supported by any homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning