Homebrew Booting to the menu // HELP!!!

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure on that as I've never tried. Seems safer to write to the SD card rather than the NAND though. I'm not even sure if the injected FBI will even update seeing how it's on the NAND partition. But I could be wrong.
What fbi does when it updates is it just installs the latest fbi from github or wherever the fbi updates are hosted, and installs the cia. That's it. Since that fbi has a different title id than the health and safety app, it should install a separate fbi cia.

FTWLetsPlay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any steps?? Because I need some urgent help. I only have my Nintendo 3ds Menu folder. Which is normally what the DS would use.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What fbi does when it updates is it just installs the latest fbi from github or wherever the fbi updates are hosted, and installs the cia. That's it. Since that fbi has a different title id than the health and safety app, it should install a separate fbi cia.
Oh, now I get where you're going. So having FBI injected to the H&S app will just pull the latest release and install the CIA version so in case of complications with SD cards and what not you already have of on the NAND and can just update it to get it back on you Home Menu as a CIA. Makes sense and sounds like better practice than writing to the NAND twice or more than needed.
Any steps?? Because I need some urgent help. I only have my Nintendo 3ds Menu folder. Which is normally what the DS would use.
+ 3ds
+ files9
+ hblauncherloader
+ luma
+ Nintendo 3DS
+ arm9loaderhax.bin
+ boot.3dsx

These folders and files need to be put back on the root of your SD card and you should be good to boot.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: Giodude

FTWLetsPlay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, now I get where you're going. So having FBI injected to the H&S app will just pull the latest release and install the CIA version so in case of complications with SD cards and what not you already have of on the NAND and can just update it to get it back on you Home Menu as a CIA. Makes sense and sounds like better practice than writing to the NAND twice or more than needed.
Ok yes. Please provide me with some steps. On the whole Hourglass9 thing because I lost that with my SD.

Last edited by FTWLetsPlay,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok yes. Please provide me with some steps. On the whole Hourglass9 thing because I lost that with my SD.
Use the downloads from the guide and place the folders and files in the list in my above post onto the root of your SD card. Then you can inject FBI and install the necessary CIA files.

Hourglass9.bin gets renamed to "start_Hourglass9.bin" and placed in the /luma/payloads folder.

Also you'll have to create a "cias" folder and place the FBI, lumaupdater and homebrew launcher CIAs in there.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

FTWLetsPlay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the downloads from the guide and place the folders and files in the list in my above post onto the root of your SD card. Then you can inject FBI and install the necessary CIA files.

Hourglass9.bin gets renamed to "start_Hourglass9.bin" and placed in the /luma/payloads folder.

Also you'll have to create a "cias" folder and place the FBI, lumaupdater and homebrew launcher CIAs in there.
Hourglass9 isn't booting up :c

Last edited by FTWLetsPlay,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I installed FBI as an app on my homebrew with soundhax. I tried going in FBI but it said "Kernal backdoor not installed". So how can I get my FBI, LumaUpdater, HB, back on my 3DS menu?
You can run FBI from soundhax rather than reinjecting it to H&S, but you have to enable a specific option in the Luma settings, called "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access", once that is enabled you should be able to launch FBI from soundhax and use it to reinstall FBI.cia and whatever else you had.

Reactions: FTWLetsPlay

FTWLetsPlay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can run FBI from soundhax rather than reinjecting it to H&S, but you have to enable a specific option in the Luma settings, called "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access", once that is enabled you should be able to launch FBI from soundhax and use it to reinstall FBI.cia and whatever else you had.
OH MY FUCKING GOD THANK YOU!! LUV YOUUUUUU

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone is on a roll today. Lol.

D

Deleted_413010

i think you have bricked yourself soon after that because my o3DS only boots with the sd card inside when its out it doesn't do nothing no message nothing! i mean what did you do to the sd card before you put it back in?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WELL, I just fucked up after one day of installing CFW! WELL DONE MYSELF!! I'm saving up my shit fam. I'm getting a legit one online. Fuck ebay. My SD is corrupted. It isn't even readable. So. I'll have to do CFW again later when I get a new SD

this is what happens when you think the sd card is a toy/when your playing with your sd card like (deleting random files, adding random stuff etc)

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you have bricked yourself soon after that because my o3DS only boots with the sd card inside when its out it doesn't do nothing no message nothing! i mean what did you do to the sd card before you put it back in?
This usually means the CFW is not setup on the NAND, which from what I understand is how you boot without an SD card. You're not bricked. Are you running the latest Luma3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 999.... Apple.... Can I just use 999 dollar bills and light them on fire?