Homebrew Boot9Strap/SigHax Install Success Rate

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sighax.com is different
sighax.com has two bins and very little room for user error.
You just need to follow the instructions on the bin and it should be done.
However the code was rushed and it didn't always work, and that's what caused the bricks afaik
Hope you are wrong tbh. If that's the case, then sighax.com is not to be used. For now, at least.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure,
Ever Oasis; That Layton Spinoff; Monster Hunter Stories; Pikmin; Kirby; M&L:SSDX soon; A new Fire Emblem game was released recently and another one will be released in the future iirc and there are more games I think are interesting
(probably not all of them will be released in 6 months, but my point still stands)

Schönen Tag

layton is the only one that interests me. if it really need a higher FW (for whatever reason) I am not going the frankenfirmware-route, but updating it. We'll see. for now everything works like a charm and I am keeping it that way.

greenDarkness555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for raising awareness about this. I didn't even know sighax.com was a thing. Thankfully I followed 3ds.guide and had a successful installation. Why would anyone use sighax.com over 3ds.guide?

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for raising awareness about this. I didn't even know sighax.com was a thing. Thankfully I followed 3ds.guide and had a successful installation. Why would anyone use sighax.com over 3ds.guide?
Because it is kind of the "official" site of sighax and the devs shared this site on their twitter pages

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was super easy to do, and had no problems at all (updating my N3DSXLfrom A9LH).
If I can be bothered tomorrow, I might have a go at doing it on my O3DS which is still running a pre-A9LH Reinand CFW ;)

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Its obvious that if you have basic reading function and can follow directions there is 0% chance of brick.
There's pretty much a 0% chance of bricking if you use plailect's guide
However 70% of users have bricked from using sighax.com

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apologies. i gave the writer.
How can i donate to the dev?
I suppose there isn't one specific dev who did it all, I suppose. Just choose a person who wrote one of the programs in the guide I guess haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp