Hacking Boot1 key and exploit released

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is this the thing we have been waiting for like YEARS? The BOOT1, the boot that allow us to have a Wii Like homebrew? (one time hack and forever have unsigned programs running?)
My fear here is, are we gonna lose vWii by doing this? cause if so, then I don't think I would be able to afford to lose all Wii and GC games xD

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, is this the thing we have been waiting for like YEARS? The BOOT1, the boot that allow us to have a Wii Like homebrew? (one time hack and forever have unsigned programs running?)
My fear here is, are we gonna lose vWii by doing this? cause if so, then I don't think I would be able to afford to lose all Wii and GC games xD
That's the think people aren't realizing about this. How would this affect stuff like Wii injects, Nintendon't and the vWii emulators.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FIX alreally gave a explanation about this:

not quite sure how you'd do this over vwii, from what I remember from cafe2wii, the physical wiiu mem1 you use in vwii mode starts at 0x800000 instead of 0x0 which is used for this exploit. maybe I just glanced over at it wrong, I really didnt go into cafe2wii too deeply. Also the mem2 stuff may be mapped out differently as well.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2018-2-1_19-55-1.png

wolfien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well.. I'll guess I'll wait up a bit before softmodding my wii-u ;) maybe a better way is coming in the next days / weeks.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any updates?
Didn't see any updated from Hedgeberg nor by another person, the only thing I know from Quark is that vWii's contenthax isn't interesting enough and doesn't give a real improvement over the current CBHC, which isn't true at since vWii's contenthax is a lot safer then haxchi as hexkyz said, but if another bug is found on boot1's binary cool then :)

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto