Hacking Boot1 key and exploit released

D

Deleted User

That's the problem.
Can you quote the entire thing? Because your taking things out of context. I said "crybabies, sure, but, most of them came from 3ds scene, which while drama filled, got crap done to say the least."
But when you quote it like that, it's removing what I said before, making it sound like I only said "most of them came from 3ds" as my response. Which without what I said before, makes me sound like I don't acknowledge the 3ds scene flaws and makes me sound like some sort of fanboy and blindly defending.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

No. I also don't think that you understand what I was implying.
Yes I know what your implying, your implying that people should doubt the switch hacking scene because they get upset over the smallest things and carry from the toxic 3ds scene. implying they aren't going to get anything done due to the fact they get upset over the small things. I'm I right or I'm I wrong?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

You're wrong.
... Then what the hell were you implying? How someone supposed to not come to that conclusion? I mean if you look at the back and forth up to this point. It appears like your implying what I just said...
So no your not really implying, if that's the case, then your not exactly communicating your point well.

Last edited by ,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The 3DS scene was by far the most active scene in recent memory. The Vita scene is pretty lively now but it took absolutely years and a similar amount of drama to get to that point. The Wii U scene died a death as soon as piracy was achieved, and the PS4 scene has pretty much nothing outside of piracy. Exploits are being released for those other platforms but support by scene developers was lacking. The point that monkeyman4412 is making is correct - for all the drama, stuff got done.

The more devs get involved, the more drama occurs. But ultimately, devs getting involved makes or breaks a scene.

Last edited by sj33,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Wii U scene died a death as soon as piracy was achieved
Not really. The first piracy option was Loadiine which came pretty early (compared to when hb started on the Wii U).
From there we've got many things that got much better over the years like HID to VPAD (to use any controller on the Wii U) and especially RetroArch. Also the scene took big care of using the vWii by doing forwarders even with higher clock speed in the late scene to add some performance to WiiSX and the likes.
Not to mention the whole "brazilian exploit" thing which lead to WUP Installer GX2 (as it's final stage) and a way better opportunity to play backups than Loadiine.
Now there's even a real Wii U Linux and a Wii U Plugin System being still worked on.

Rockmaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So will this eventually lead to those w bricked systems being able to unbrick even without keys - or would that need to be boot0?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will this eventually lead to those w bricked systems being able to unbrick even without keys - or would that need to be boot0?

possibly. I believe that when a system is serviced it's put into service mode through use of an sd card/flash drive with special software on it. my guess is that it would be something like that, but then again, it could be something installed on the system.

Last edited by godreborn,

Rockmaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so with this boot 1 access something like that could be created then - that could perhaps change boot order like the bios boot order on PCs - that would be perfect for those that messed up w CHBC for example. Like a friend of mine. His wii u is currently a gorgeous paperweight ;)

But I am guessing this would be quite far off in development if that even is what it is.

Well here's for hope. That would truly make the Wii U an unbrickable machine. Like the Wii was with Priiloader and Bootmii...

Reactions: Nezztor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.