Hacking Boot NTR Load Failed. It doesn't work, help me, thanks.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have used my N3DS again after a long time (maybe years).
The FW of my 3DS is 11.13.0-45 E, while the version I use of BootNTR CFW Selector is 2.12. I don't currently know what my version of Luma is or how to look at it.

When I open Boot NTR it tells me "Touch the desired version, 3.2, 3.3 or 3.6" it doesn't matter which one I select, because in all of them it tells me
Load failed! Firmware Unknown
Detected Firm: 2.65.0
Press any key to reboot.

It has been a long time since I turned on my N3DS and I used to use this application a lot for different cheats and above all to get the most out of the extra power of N3DS by enabling different options that Boot NTR had (similar to overclocking or something like that, I don't remember what it was like) .

I would like to know how I could solve it or if there is an alternative for those functions, thank you very much.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
update your 3ds to the latest firmware
update ntr boot selector to latest version https://github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases
use a custom luma build that works with ntr boot (official luma build does not work with ntr boot currently) https://github.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases

Thank you very much for helping me so much and for your message.

What version of Luma Custom should I look for?
In the github web I only find these two versions
v10.2.1 3GX Loader Edition and v9.1 Plugin Edition

Should I find something other than those two somewhere on the web? Thanks again.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And I have another question.
To install .CIA I use FBI (which I think I have in its latest version since it has been updated from within the app), and I also have The Homebrew Launcher (Rosalina 2.2.0 according to the app).
It's been a long, long time since I installed these things. I have afraid that could will could lose some way to install features and app and won't be able to do it again. I don't remember how was the way to get to my console to the good actual status. I don't even remember how I installed FBI for the first time to be able to install .CIA later, I would like to know if there is some way to be able to reinstall it or how I can do it in case one day FBI stops working.
(I don't even remember how my console has CFW or which way I went to get it to work with CFW from the moment I turn on the console).
I think I'm not even using emunand and everything goes on the console naturally, which I find incredible but I don't remember how I did it.

I would also like to know if the Homebrew Channel needs to be updated or if it is no longer used, thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can reinstall the fbi cia by using the fbi 3dsx file. since you have rosalina, you can inject the homebrew launcher in the health and safety tile, so you'll be able to use fbi 3dsx through that to install its cia. also, you want the 3gx version of luma. that's the one I'm using, and I have no issues with boot ntr selector on the latest firmware.

Reactions: Robertuxo

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you can reinstall the fbi cia by using the fbi 3dsx file. since you have rosalina, you can inject the homebrew launcher in the health and safety tile, so you'll be able to use fbi 3dsx through that to install its cia. also, you want the 3gx version of luma. that's the one I'm using, and I have no issues with boot ntr selector on the latest firmware.

Thank you very much for all the help you give me.

So if FBI ever got deleted or stopped working by mistake, I could reinstall it using the Homebrew Launcher app that I already have installed on the console.
And in the event that Homebrew Launcher was also deleted, you could use the health and safety title icon to enter Homebrew Launcher from there and thus be able to reinstall both the Homebrew Launcher .CIA and the FBI .CIA.

So there is always a possible path so I don't have to worry. My only further question would be how to use the health and safety title icon in case I have to launch homebrew through of it, it again one day. Thanks.

Last edited by Robertuxo,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, the homebrew launcher is actually the boot.3dsx on your sd card. rosalina just modifies a title to launch the homebrew launcher instead of the actual app. remember to save it or you'll have to do it again after restarting the system.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And for install v10.2.1 3GX Loader Edition, I just have to download the boot.firm file and paste it in the root of the microsd?
Thanks.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, the homebrew launcher is actually the boot.3dsx on your sd card. rosalina just modifies a title to launch the homebrew launcher instead of the actual app. remember to save it or you'll have to do it again after restarting the system.

I didn't understand the part about remembering to save to I will don't have to do it again when I reboot the system.
You mean I left the boot.3dsx file on my microsd card?
In case I had to do it all for the first time (I mean, convert the health and safety title icon in Homebrew Launcher) how would I do it? Or how I did in the past to get to that point? Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's an option to save the change in rosalina. it doesn't save by default. should be easy to find. you need to leave boot.3dsx on you card, I believe.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there's an option to save the change in rosalina. it doesn't save by default. should be easy to find. you need to leave boot.3dsx on you card, I believe.

No need to use an exploit or something similar? Just copy boot.3dsx to the root of the microsd?
Sorry for being so tiresome and having so many questions, thank you very much.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no extra exploit. rosalina is built into luma. luma is the boot.firm and the homebrew launcher is the boot.3dsx.

What? So nowadays you don't need any kind of exploit to launch homebrew on 3DS / N3DS? Just copy those files to microsd and launch the health and safety title icon? :O.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you need to exploit the system. I thought you meant a separate exploit on top of that to install the homebrew launcher.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's far easier now, because I install a9lh when that was a thing on two systems, and the 200+ steps took me over 6 hours apiece.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
no, you need to exploit the system. I thought you meant a separate exploit on top of that to install the homebrew launcher.

it's far easier now, because I install a9lh when that was a thing on two systems, and the 200+ steps took me over 6 hours apiece.

So an exploit would be needed to be able to use the health and safety title icon as a homebrew launcher alongside boot.3dsx, is my understanding correct?
I mean, boot.3dsx won't work on the health and safety title icon if you don't use an exploit first.
If so, which exploit should be used and how would it be done? Thanks.

And why my console even when I update FW is not affected and I can continue to use CFW just by starting my console? What I did in the past for this result? Thank you very much for solving all my doubts.

Are there any new freeshop or freeshop updates?

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you're on b9s, right? no further exploit is needed.

I guess so, I don't remember anymore because I did it a long time ago.

So B9S is an exploit that works for eternity without using a new exploit, right?

If someday I want to do all this in a new N3DS console, I would have to start from 0 using an exploit that I installed B9S, right?

By the way, do you know something about freeshop or a similar application? Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no freeshop or similar app. Nintendo put a stop to that. and, yes, no further exploit is needed. the 3ds reached the eol, so there may never be a better exploit, if there ever needed to be.

Robertuxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there is no freeshop or similar app. Nintendo put a stop to that. and, yes, no further exploit is needed. the 3ds reached the eol, so there may never be a better exploit, if there ever needed to be.

Even on a brand new store bought N3DS console that has never been modified could it work and install b9s and homebrew launcher via health and safety title icon just by copying boot.3dsx and boot.firm to the microsd root? amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1