Boot classic mode without gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheZoroark007, Jan 13, 2015.

1. TheZoroark007
    OP

TheZoroark007 MK7 CT creator

Apr 2, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Lake Constance
    How can I enter Classic Mode without my Gateway card inserted?Because I tried to start it,it says:You havent inserted your Gateway card.Some features may not work.
    start classic mide by pressing X.
    But when I press X, the screen went black and did nothing.

2. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    w/o gateway..
    Emunand < 8.0 = good to go
    Emunand >= 8.0 = black freeze

ubergeek77 likes this.
  3. Spidergames

Spidergames Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2013
    Mexico
    I have a similar question. I've read here that you can enter classic mode using the "MT-card" dat without having the card inserted. So would it be possible to downgrade to 4.2 then use the latest MT-card dat, format the emunand and update the emunand to 9.4?

What I want to do is enter the eshop and download a game update.

4. Solar47

Solar47 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    insert gateway card
    enter classic mode
    remove gateway card
    put in retail card
    play

5. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I think he want to know it for people who don't own a Gateway Flashcard (like me).

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    afaik the MT software was bugged and didnt actually block 7.x+ classic mode.....i say bugged as they copied the "some features wont work" message from gateway but it still boots 7.x content.......but they may of just meant devmenu installed cia files, as they also don't work in classic mode on MT card......but yeah afaik people who just want to actually buy games and use 9.4 can just use the MT card classic mode

7. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Wait what? To clarify...
    I'm on 4.5 SysNAND right now (after Downgrade) and I'm running a 4.5CFW RedNAND on my SDCard.

Is there a way to run a 9.4 EmuNAND with MT Card launcher without any 3DS Flashcard (MTCard, Gateway)?

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah, im pretty sure the MT FW was updated to 9.4 and lets you use classic mode only without inserting the MT card....its only any good if you buy your games though, installing/installed cia files will not work in classic mode, and you would need a separate SD card, as the "cfw" and MT launcher use different emunand setups, .....basically legit games only....but you do get region free

9. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    But it boots a EmuNAND on 9.4 right?
    Can I run Retail Cartridges on EmuNAND? Because I run the CFW 4.5, I'm not able to play my Pokemon Omega Ruby atm. But if I can run EmuNAND 9.4 with the launcher, it should work, right? Could you tell me what I have to do to get this to work (prepare and update EmuNAND for 9.2 - 9.4)?

10. Spidergames

Spidergames Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2013
    Mexico
    It works! Thanks!

11. TmenaceDev

TmenaceDev Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    Brazil
    Works like a charm.