1. Gbaverse

OP Gbaverse Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I was trying to install the Grid Launcher and a file called boot.3dsx appeared, and it was already on the SD Card for a while and when I went to look at the files one was called boot.3ds and the other boot.3dsx can someone help me?

2. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    1- Why GridLauncher? (Is an obsolete release/mod of HBL at all)

2- Anyway, if you want to test it, then you have to replace your currently "boot.3dsx" file for the GridLauncher "boot.3dsx" file... "boot.3ds" file is not required here.

3- This kind of questions should be on the "3DS homebrew and development" subforum, I believe

Nutez likes this.
  3. Gbaverse

OP Gbaverse Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes Thats A mod of HBL

4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    If your cfw is Luma then I'm sorry to tell you that grid launcher does not work with it.

5. Gbaverse

OP Gbaverse Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I just tested, but there’s a catch, after a 5 seconds it takes me to a crash
    And Yes I use luma

It even loads the menu and applications so that if I open a Homebrew (rip old 2ds)

6. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    That's because GridLauncher was developed with an older devkitpro version and for older targets/exploits (*haxes like NinjHax, OoT3DHax, TubeHax, BrowserHax, which used an otherapp payload to launch HBL). Now, Luma 3DS runs the HBL directly throught Rosalina Menu (which means: no *haces, no payloads and a new HBL version compiled with a newer devkitpro).

peteruk and AmandaRose like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted