Homebrew Boot.3dsx deleted

trickyhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I must of accidentally deleted the file boot.3dsx from my ninjahaxed 3ds. Should I just re do the hack or would that make it worse? Thanks :lol:

trickyhero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet thanks guys
Pe4AiMxb.jpg

Reactions: Margen67

bbybunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
um hello~ i have this issue too, i redownload it and nothing happen just got a "clean" home menu ALL my cia files are gone..
then i remember i got a nand backup, i restore it and again nothing happen what can i do..? (new 3ds - b9s - 11.4)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um hello~ i have this issue too, i redownload it and nothing happen just got a "clean" home menu ALL my cia files are gone..
then i remember i got a nand backup, i restore it and again nothing happen what can i do..? (new 3ds - b9s - 11.4)
1st if all, don't bump an old thread from over a year ago. By then just make your own thread. 2nd of all, boot.3dsx has nothing to do with any of that. 3rd of all, what did you do before everything got wiped?

bbybunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i'm so sorry i'm new here i will learn next time :( , i don't do anything i just copy some nes rom from my pc to my sd card and then i delete this file by mistake i boot my 3ds and my cia files and games are gone from the home menu then i remove the sd card while my 3ds on i put it back and nothing happen, so boot.3dsx not the problem here? thanks god

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm so sorry i'm new here i will learn next time :( , i don't do anything i just copy some nes rom from my pc to my sd card and then i delete this file by mistake i boot my 3ds and my cia files and games are gone from the home menu then i remove the sd card while my 3ds on i put it back and nothing happen, so boot.3dsx not the problem here? thanks god
The only thing that would effect that it's if you...
A. Messed with the Nintendo 3ds folder
B. Formatted the console
C. Restored a nand backup from before you formatted the console
D. Broke the sd card

bbybunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
why can see my files in the sd card.. but not in 3ds home menu? :(( , yes i did restored the nand back up w/o formatting, if i messed w the nintendo folder how can i fix it? um can be any chance to fix this by formatting then restore the nand backup?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why can see my files in the sd card.. but not in 3ds home menu? :(( , yes i did restored the nand back up w/o formatting, if i messed w the nintendo folder how can i fix it? um can be any chance to fix this by formatting then restore the nand backup?
think of it like this. When you first boot up the console, the 3ds generates a console unique encryption, so that you cant put the sd card in another 3ds and have it work. Whenever you format the 3ds, it randomizes this encryption, so the files before the format wont work after the format. Each nand backup you make saves that encryption, so if you restore a nand backup, it restores the encryption, so the files on your sd card will only work with the encryption from that time. i dont know how many times you formatted before or afterwards, but hopefully this is enough info to maybe answer your own question yourself. Also if you deleted anything in the nintendo 3ds folder, without an sd card backup, you cant get anything back. Also make sure the sd card isn't corrupted and can be read by a pc.

Last edited by Giodude,

bbybunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
u mean the backup nand will not work now? even after i formatting for the first time? if yes then i will put everything back..

SecretSaladSociety12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Try this:

Go to System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software. Your problem may lie in corrupted software. If you have any applications that show a question mark, delete them. I had a similar problem yesterday, but it was when I was trying to repair some damaged software (Netflix in particular). I got an error while updating, and none of my apps appeared on my home menu. Please let me know if this helped you.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u mean the backup nand will not work now? even after i formatting for the first time? if yes then i will put everything back..
Formatting wont fix anything, and if you haven't formatted the console ever in the past or touched the nintendo 3ds folder, i dont know how to solve your issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try this:

Go to System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software. Your problem may lie in corrupted software. If you have any applications that show a question mark, delete them. I had a similar problem yesterday, but it was when I was trying to repair some damaged software (Netflix in particular). I got an error while updating, and none of my apps appeared on my home menu. Please let me know if this helped you.
^

bbybunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

Try this:

um i don't see anything i have just the sys apps on the home menu, to be honest i play too much w/ the folders in the sd card and i think i "delete" or "trans" the important files from nintendo folder.. yup i restore the backup nand WITHOUT formatting. nice, i will put back everything like usual, i know i will back soon and start a new thread thank you <3

Last edited by bbybunny,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Don't do anything yet.
First of all, did you format after the NAND backup you restored was made?
If you didn't format, there's a chance to restore your games and saves.
If you install and run tikShop, it should restore any games that came from FreeShop, and most games that came from properly made CIAs (made with FunkyCIA, FunKeyCIA or any tools based on them), but any CIAs made with tools like PlaiCDN and similar that don't have proper tickets won't be restorable. That's assuming you didn't system format after making the backup you restored. The tickets have to exist somewhere for you to be able to recover the games. If you simply reinstall the games, or delete them, the save games will be lost.
If you don't care about the save games then it doesn't matter much. Just know that deleting the games or reinstalling them will wipe the savegames.

bbybunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Don't do anything yet.
First of all, did you format after the NAND backup you restored was made?
If you didn't format, there's a chance to restore your games and saves.
If you install and run tikShop, it should restore any games that came from FreeShop, and most games that came from properly made CIAs (made with FunkyCIA, FunKeyCIA or any tools based on them), but any CIAs made with tools like PlaiCDN and similar that don't have proper tickets won't be restorable. That's assuming you didn't system format after making the backup you restored. The tickets have to exist somewhere for you to be able to recover the games. If you simply reinstall the games, or delete them, the save games will be lost.
If you don't care about the save games then it doesn't matter much. Just know that deleting the games or reinstalling them will wipe the savegames.

no. i don't. , really!! thanks god you mean the "titlekeys" ? but half of my games are not freeshop..

bbybunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Not sure which parts you were responding to, can you clarify?

sorry, first of all i was copy some nes rom to the sd card then i delete files (boot.3dsx, and something like "extra"? idk & idk why) then i put back my sd card and boot the 3ds and wow everything was like erased from the sd card!!!! ): ,
i have over 35 or 30 games from the freeshop i think? and before this happens i update the titlekey.BIN and really idc if i lose their saves, one thing i wanna restore or fix is the homebrew apps like fbi! and yeah can i re download the large games through the "fbi" ? i mean scan their QR code & not download from the freeshop cuz i have a shitty internet (:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
sorry, first of all i was copy some nes rom to the sd card then i delete files (boot.3dsx, and something like "extra"? idk & idk why) then i put back my sd card and boot the 3ds and wow everything was like erased from the sd card!!!! ): ,
i have over 35 or 30 games from the freeshop i think? and before this happens i update the titlekey.BIN and really idc if i lose their saves, one thing i wanna restore or fix is the homebrew apps like fbi! and yeah can i re download the large games through the "fbi" ? i mean scan their QR code & not download from the freeshop cuz i have a shitty internet (:
Maybe, but it depends on exactly what happened.
It sounds like your SD card might have corrupted. Did you buy it from a reputable seller such as Amazon themselves, Newegg, or a local store? There are a lot of fake SD cards around especially on China/HK-based websites, eBay, and even among 3rd party Amazon sellers. This kind of thing is common for those cards as they have a fake capacity and once you fill up more than the real capacity it will either just write corrupted data, or start overwriting stuff you already have on the card. You might want to test it with h2testw: https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all