Bomberman Jetters (GBA) Translation

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Normmatt, Jan 19, 2011.

Jan 19, 2011
  1. Normmatt
    OP

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    I have been working on this game for about two weeks now and it looks like the hacking work is mostly complete, however I have no played through the entire game to verify if I've missed anything.

As you can see from the pictures below a Variable Width Font has been inserted and it's working perfectly.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All the remains is the text so if anyone is up for translating the text for this game into english, There is approximately 320KB of text which includes control codes and some automated comments. The text is also split into multiple files based on the various pointer tables so the text in each file should all be related. Send me an email at normmatt234@gmail.com if you're interested.

You can see the current status of the project along with all of the project files on github.

Pablitox and BAHIM Z 360 like this.
  2. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    never been a fan of bomberman but ill try when youre done but you suprised i thought the gba section was dead

3. Mcfan2

Newcomer Mcfan2 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Thank you! [​IMG]
    Hold on, will this work on Bomberman Jetters Collection too?

4. Normmatt
    OP

New Zealand
    No, but I would consider translating that too if someone voluntaries to translate the text.

5. Tamoto

Newcomer Tamoto Newbie

United States
    Hello,
    has the translation for this ever been completed? I would so love to play the game but I don't understand Japanese.
    (Also sorry for bringing up such an old topic.)

6. bradzx

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Any luck for progress?

7. SoonToBeProgrammer

Newcomer SoonToBeProgrammer Member

Philippines
    Normmatt will you continue this project?if no i can continue this for you, provide me with the script dump and the tools you use to insert the script back to the game.....ill find some translator to help me because i dont know japanese

8. Normmatt
    OP

New Zealand
    The project is open source its on github https://github.com/Normmatt/Bomberman-Jetters-GBA-Translation. If you find a translator good, I couldn't find anyone interested in it.

9. SoonToBeProgrammer

Philippines
    normmatt i cant use cartographer.....when im opening the bat file the cartographer.exe has encountered a problem is always appearing.....what seems the problem?

10. Normmatt
    OP

New Zealand
    Your git client likely changed the line endings.... I think it has to be either windows or linux style to work... Try changing the line endings of the .tbl files and .txt files

11. SoonToBeProgrammer

Philippines
    normmatt how can i know the offset where the script start?

12. Rahky

Newcomer Rahky Newbie

United States
    Hiya folks, Pablitox at romhacking.net linked me here, and if this project is still going, I'd be glad to hop in and give translating text a go. As long as the tools are there and I can figure out how to get the text in, I'd love to help out on that end. I'll take a look at the tools on the github, and feel free to let me know what's going on!

Normmatt and Pablitox like this.