Hacking Boktai on gpSP Kai

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
First off this is the dump I have: 1483 - Boktai - The Sun is in your Hand (E)(Rising Sun)

The game works perfectly fine on VBA but when I transferred it over to my PSP (with the save), it starts up normally and tells me about a minute into the game the solar sensor isn't working.

:C Has anyone got this game working? I haven't tried the USA release since that didn't work at all on VBA.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Apparently it's an RTC issue. There's a topic on Romhacking about it...

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off this is the dump I have: 1483 - Boktai - The Sun is in your Hand (E)(Rising Sun)

The game works perfectly fine on VBA but when I transferred it over to my PSP (with the save), it starts up normally and tells me about a minute into the game the solar sensor isn't working.

:C Has anyone got this game working? I haven't tried the USA release since that didn't work at all on VBA.

Download LEDA and gPSP 0.7
Load gPSP 0.7 via LEDA
Play

Not sure if you need the solar sensor patch

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

Load gPSP 0.7 via LEDA
Play

Yeah, No. ->....

It looks like RTC support was implemented in version 0.8:

"Support for the real-time clock (RTC) chip in Pokemon cartridegs and other games. The implementation is based off of VBA's, whatever notes on gbadev I could find, and some of my own reverse engineering of what the games do... it might not be totally correct. Also, setting the time does not work." from http://www.qj.net/psp/homebrew-development/gpsp-v08.html

So... maybe if you can find gpSP version 0.7 or earlier, maybe the RTC stuff won't be implemented and the emulation of the patched ROM will work? It's worth a shot...

Trying it now. had to find a loader that would let me run older homebrew software without having to downgrade.

Holy hell. It crashes when I load a clean *or* a patched rom. Dayum.

Other games seem to work fine though. gpSP just hates Boktai.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Load gPSP 0.7 via LEDA
Play

Yeah, No. ->....

It looks like RTC support was implemented in version 0.8:

"Support for the real-time clock (RTC) chip in Pokemon cartridegs and other games. The implementation is based off of VBA's, whatever notes on gbadev I could find, and some of my own reverse engineering of what the games do... it might not be totally correct. Also, setting the time does not work." from http://www.qj.net/ps...t/gpsp-v08.html

So... maybe if you can find gpSP version 0.7 or earlier, maybe the RTC stuff won't be implemented and the emulation of the patched ROM will work? It's worth a shot...

Trying it now. had to find a loader that would let me run older homebrew software without having to downgrade.

Holy hell. It crashes when I load a clean *or* a patched rom. Dayum.

Other games seem to work fine though. gpSP just hates Boktai.
Somebody on qj got it working

http://forums.qj.net/psp-homebrew-hacks-help/157013-help-boktai.html

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The last post in that topic is the only indication it works - comparing the info in that one post from a few years ago and from a guy with 9 posts to the info on Romhacking from a few months ago and i'm pretty sure which side i'd bet on. But by all means give it a shot.

BruceTerrell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Does the LEDA thing works? And if so can someone provide a link and the EXACT! Settings for it to work I work? Also I can't get Digimon Battle Spirit 2, Teen Titans to work and Back to Stone is Uber SLOW!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...