Hacking BNRBandit 1.0

chris85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dantarion said:
PB, it looks for the string "FIXXME". You can use ANY dol for template.dol as long as it contains "FIXXME" and it should work.

Could you make a batch file for make a PAL channel?

Thanks

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Omegax0 said:
Never mind my last post, I got u8tool working.

Thanks for this, very easy to use and the channel works perfectly.
smile.gif

could you please send me a copy of your bandit folder in a mediafire or something? I keep getting the error when unpacking
frown.gif

Dantarion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat Cow said:
Does the ocarina version use IOS222 or 249?

Posts merged

chris85 said:
QUOTE(Dantarion @ Apr 5 2009, 11:04 PM) PB, it looks for the string "FIXXME". You can use ANY dol for template.dol as long as it contains "FIXXME" and it should work.

Could you make a batch file for make a PAL channel?

Thanks

replace template.wad with a PAL channel.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
TUTSUNOCO VS CAPCOM NTSC-J _RF7J08.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?w2gmltwamzy

thanks i used wii scrubber to extract the opining.bnr....Then i made a new folder on the desktop called BANDIT...within this folder i create 2 more folders one called " bnr " the other called " wad " then i extract the RAR file downloaded in the first post of this thread to the BANDIT folder on my desktop....

next i rename my opening.bnr with the label of the game (its ID) for example for this game i called it RF7J08.bnr.....because that is the ID of TUTSUNOCO VS CAPCOM NTSC-J

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dantarion said:
mb01 said:
Thanks man!, works great and is much easier than all the current ones. I wonder if it changes the channel ID every time though?

It replaces the R with an U.

magic, how did you extract your bnr's, it works fine with all the ones ive gotten through ftpii, ripping from isos, etc.

Also, be on the lookout, I am working on ocarina enabled one using wiicrazys stuff he posted today.
Update coming within the hour.

Dantarion, how did you get the bnr's through ftpii? I can only add or remove files from my SD card with FTPii, but not my external usb drve.

Dantarion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant from the discs themselves, not from the wbfs hard drive.
Right now all the tools require you to extract the entire iso off the hard drive to get it that way.
I use ftpii to get the opening.bnr's from the actual disc.

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dantarion said:
I meant from the discs themselves, not from the wbfs hard drive.
Right now all the tools require you to extract the entire iso off the hard drive to get it that way.
I use ftpii to get the opening.bnr's from the actual disc.

Ahhhhh, got ya, thanks!

lqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I make wii sports and wii fit game channel using BNRBandit 1.1.Both install on my wii without error but both got wii sports banner.what m i doing wrong?can someonr help?thanks...

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
yup...i did that 2 lol...

IMPORTANT: if you have errors with the application FIRST INSTALL THIS (especially if office is not already installed on your pc it helps trust me)
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1...credist_x86.exe

first extract the ISO file using one of the MANY WBFS tools from the drive....

next download Wii scrubber (google for it)

open the extracted ISO file with wii scrubber and scroll down untill you see Opening.bnr right click and choose extract this file....

Now open the folder you have BNRbandit in and create 2 new folders...name the first folder: bnr.....name the second folder: wad....

Now place the opening.bnr file into the bnr folder and rename it (game id) dot bnr...
example RZDE01.bnr for zelda ntsc....

now just run the application and within the WAD folder you create will be a file named something like usb_RZDE01.Wad take the wad file and install it using wadmanager 1.3 (if you dont know how to use wadmanger you prob should read up a bit before attempting this)

jamisonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the .dol file that forces PAL to play as NTSC, i tried replacing the template.dol with the force NTSC version, it compiles a wad but it wont install, i read above that it needs FIXXME sting in the DOL, is it possible for me to upload the NTSC fix for you to add that string or tell me what address to add it to? I've attached the dol im wanting to use as a template here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/217982690/FORC...SC_FROM_PAL.dol

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamisonf said:
I have the .dol file that forces PAL to play as NTSC, i tried replacing the template.dol with the force NTSC version, it compiles a wad but it wont install, i read above that it needs FIXXME sting in the DOL, is it possible for me to upload the NTSC fix for you to add that string or tell me what address to add it to? I've attached the dol im wanting to use as a template here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/217982690/FORC...SC_FROM_PAL.dol

Try using this one. Just replace the template.dol file with this one:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WJSB5CHI

I found some code here that will use the default TV mode:
http://wiinewz.com/forums/backup-loaders/9...od-by-sorg.html

Doesn't attempt to switch TV mode before load game (uses default TV mode instead). Original loader tries to switch TV mode according to game region which makes PAL games unplayable on TV not supporting PAL modes (NTSC-U/J Wii) and NTSC games on TV not supporting NTSC modes (PAL Wii). Now i can play Mario Kart PAL and Wii Chess PAL on my NTSC-U Wii!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
i thought that might work! see ! 3shey! lol gr8 work ill try this now with my smash bros channel on ntsc to see if i can use it! thanks

(now we need a dol with ocarina AND force ntsc/original vid more)

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
i thought that might work! see ! 3shey! lol gr8 work ill try this now with my smash bros channel on ntsc to see if i can use it! thanks

(now we need a dol with ocarina AND force ntsc/original vid more)

I might be able to work in ocarina tomorrow, I need some sleep now.
wtf.gif

jamisonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks raptor, i think i found it, i just searched for the next closest thing which was Restaring Wii... apparently FIXXME goes over the GAMEID? Is that the same thing thats attached? I appreciate your help, i have your forced NTSC usb loader installed but as far as channels they are all either PAL or NTSC and most of my backups are PAL but the TV is NTSC, this app helps a lot now that i have the force NTSC template. For anyone interested i used Raptor's DOL to force NTSC, so a big thanks to him.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
np bro you have done so much for so many just in that post bro!

Download Universal USB Channel Creation Pack!:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjhtytttozy/Universal USB Channel Creation Pack.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjhtytttozy

Here is a package containing all you need to make any kind of channel...

Wii Scrubber 1.40 (to directly extract the opening.bnr file from the iso)
Original BNRbandit channel creation tool
Ocarina Cheat Device BNRbandit channel creation tool (with PC version of code manager for ocarina cheat creation from txt files..)
NTSC BNRbandit channel creation tool (to have pal channels on ntsc wii)
WBFS manager 1.5 by HowardC
(alternative tool for extracting ISO and Opening.bnr files...)

USAGE:

to create channels just do this:

step1:
Download the bnrbandit pack and extract it to a folder... thanks to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146057

Step 2: download Wii Scrubber
http://xz2ilg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pQOr...al.rar?download

Step 3:
open wii scrubber...open the ISO file you want a channel for.....scroll down until you see a file called Opening.bnr ...Right click and extract this file to the bnr directory you created in step one for bnr bandit usage...

bnr bandit usage:

IMPORTANT INFO!
(create a new folder called bnr and a new folder called wad in the same directory as bnrbandit.exe)

1. Put opening.bnr file you extracted with wii scrubber in bnr/ named with the corresponding game's titleID
(For example, RSBE01.bnr for Brawl)

2. Run the batch file.

3. You should now have wads in wad/ that you can use to install usb loader stub channels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: