Hacking Blue screen after hardmod?

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i am trying to hardmod to install custom firmware. i am on 11.4
it wasnt running custom firmware so now i am confused.
if you are saying it has custom firmware already what do i need to do now so it boots to the 3ds home screen and not to luma.
sorry for the basic questions im new to the hardmod party:toot:

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
if you are saying it has custom firmware already what do i need to do now so it boots to the 3ds home screen and not to luma.
When you put your backup NAND (via hardmod) back to your nintendo, what does it do? (hold select while booting)

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If it's goes to luma on your original FW your either on a9lh or b9s already, if your on a9lh follow the guide to update it to b9s.....if your on b9s....idk what your trying to do :wacko:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did they take out the sd from the SD adapter (the one used for the hardmod) before booting?
The hardmod is totally un-needed seeing as he said he boots into luma when he restored his original nand....so he already has cfw and should just follow the update guide I linked....the hardmod method is only any use for people on stock 11.4

Right too many cooks spoil the broth, I will leave others to help as there is too much back and forth going on, you did suggest you seen the luma configure screen though which would mean your already on cfw

Last edited by gamesquest1,

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's goes to luma on your original FW your either on a9lh or b9s already, if your on a9lh follow the guide to update it to b9s.....if your on b9s....idk what your trying to do :wacko:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The hardmod is totally un-needed seeing as he said he boots into luma when he restored his original nand....so he already has cfw and should just follow the update guide I linked....the hardmod method is only any use for people on stock 11.4
Ah okay

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for all the input and feedback, i have made progress.. right so i followed the guide, now i turn on my 3ds and it boots up as normal.
however when i hold start and turn on it does nothing, just boots normal, no godmode?
if i hold select and turn on it takes me to the luma3ds menu.
so stumped again on why there is no godmode when pressing start?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
thanks for all the input and feedback, i have made progress.. right so i followed the guide, now i turn on my 3ds and it boots up as normal.
however when i hold start and turn on it does nothing, just boots normal, no godmode?
if i hold select and turn on it takes me to the luma3ds menu.
so stumped again on why there is no godmode when pressing start?
If you follow the guide I linked above it guides you through the process including getting godmode9 setup, just stick to the guide, don't skip any steps

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for your help, i followed the guide,didnt miss anything and got to this problem.
i am thinking starting a fresh might be the easy option now especially as i am all wired up for a hard mod.
if i go to format system memory will this take me back to a fresh start so i can re-hardmod?
thanks again for everyones patience! if it was a pi issue i would be ok but just learning on 3ds at the moment.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
in the guide it does mention downloading godemode9 and renaming it to start_godmode9.firm and putting it in the /luma/payloads/ folder, just make sure that its there

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
and did you definitely get b9s installed or are you still on a9lh, if your on a9lg you will need the start_godmode9.bin but if your on b9s its the start_godmode9.firm (in the god mode release file you will see the .firm or .bin versions for each respective method

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real