Not open for further replies.

BigDD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my sons completely disassembled motherboard in hand looking for broken/ burnt solder points anything disconnected, overheated or anything possibly physically wrong any ideas before we scrap it ?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From my other reply:

Welcome! Although it would be more helpful to create a new thread for your isolated problem, let's see...

Accordingly to Cafe SDK (don't ask where did I got it) a blinking blue LED means a bootloader/software failure, or some weird times an APU issue. There's some other reasons for this, e.g: a dirty fan that doesn't flow air correctly, some kind of electric failure that fried some component, even a HDCP issue (according to the Internet the Wii U has HDCP standard... that's new), overheating... there's a lot of 'cause for this, and most of them as overheating, electric failure or a failing fan relate to the APU issue.
Firstly, I would suggest to check the HDCP option by unplugin the HDMI from the TV and the console, then turnin' off completely the Wii U and the TV (even better, unplug 'em from the outlet), pluggin' in the HDMI and then trying a power cycle.
If that doesn't work, try to change the thermal paste, and verifying that the fan is working properly.

In the case any of those tips work... well, maybe someone could lead you to the right direction, but that's the only "easy" solutions I know. The final step I would do it that case, would be to replace the motherboard, in which case would be the same as buying a new console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc