Hacking Blocking wii.com in router

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if I block nus.cdn.shop.wii.com, does that also block the Shop Channel, or any other Wii online services, like WiFi games?

Heykrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
??? Question ????

Doesn't blocking nus.cdn.shop.wii.com then also prevent the cIOS installers from grabbing the needed CIOS if you want to use the option to get it via network?

Heykrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
if I block nus.cdn.shop.wii.com, does that also block the Shop Channel, or any other Wii online services, like WiFi games?

Just checked using Mario Kart and I can still connect and play

SJ2K9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:

shopping channel.. no i believe that is ccs.shop.wii.com
other wii services... havent tried any
wifi games.. COD5 and MK work fine so prob not

for those of you who dont know what akamai.net do... depending on where you live and/or who your ISP is the IP addresses for nus.cdn.shop.wii.com will be different so you must do this on your own (if you can only block ip address on your router)

START -> RUN -> CMD -> nslookup nus.cdn.shop.wii.com

also it may be a good idea to double check the ip addresses whenever you reboot your router as e.g. BT (my PoS ISP) have a nasty tendancy of changing your default gateway on your wan IP which means when the nus.cdn.shop.wii.com url gets to akamai you may be redirected to a different IP (as explained above)

QUOTE(Heykrop @ Nov 18 2008, 04:54 PM) ??? Question ????

Doesn't blocking nus.cdn.shop.wii.com then also prevent the cIOS installers from grabbing the needed CIOS if you want to use the option to get it via network?

Havent tried it out but i would say it does, use waninkoko cios rev7 installer instead or download the files before blocking the ip/domain name and put them on your SD card (see stickys for details)

SJ2K9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
Couldn't you just put in a line to block anything with wii.com in it?

Example: */wii.com/*

*.wii.com

your router must allow you to block domain names (not just ip addresses) if it does then it will prob accept wildcards so yes you can just try it and see

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...