Blocking updates using CCProxy?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by cjizzle, May 13, 2016.

1. cjizzle
    OP

cjizzle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2011
    United States
    Hi all,

Found this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...tes-and-play-online-with-ccproxy-easy.369720/

Has anyone else used this method with success? I have a home server running Plex that is on 24/7. It also my primary torrent/usenet server, so since always on I use it to host the exploit (5.5.1 here) and the above guide to block updates. Seems to be doing the job, when monitoring it stops all kinds of calls to the addresses that are being blocked (amazing how many times they are accessed!).

What it comes down to is my kids love youtube and I like splatoon online play. From my understanding tubehax blocks pretty much everything, and blocking stuff using my router just slows my connection speed to a crawl. I realize sometimes we can't have it all (youtube, online play, exploit for loadiine), but would like some input if anyone is willing as to the validity of using ccproxy and actually being able to "have it all".

Thoughts?

2. MissingNO123

MissingNO123 Jigglypuff

Nov 24, 2012
    Canada
    hell
    Tubehax doesn't actually block youtube or online play afaik

3. Plaguereign

Plaguereign Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    But, it has been down alot lately. Also, when playing splatoon and using tubehax, I was unable to play online. Maybe it was just me, but I think that this is a consequence of using it. Whereas, i have heard that using a proxy will allow online play. I would like to test it myself, just a bit nervous that nintendo snuck in a new update url in 5.5.1. Wouldn't that suck?

4. cjizzle
    OP

cjizzle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2011
    United States
    From power on to playing one game of splatoon to power off these were the sites accessed (in no particular order, many were accessed multiple times):

tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net (blocked)
    nppl.app.nintendo.net
    npts.app.nintendo.net
    account.nintendo.net
    mii-secure.account.nintendo.net
    pushmore.wup.shop.nintendo.net (blocked)
    discovery.olv.nintendo.net
    api-us.olv.nintendo.net
    npdi.cdn.nintendo.net

Does anyone see anything that should have been blocked that was not?

EDIT: BTW, the online game was perfect. No lag (which was one thing I was worried about).

Last edited by cjizzle, May 13, 2016