Hacking Blocking Update Servers - Clarification Needed

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's can be getting not only through the http (TCP/80) but any other IP protocol / port for download so it's be more safer to disable both TCP & UDP protocols on these IPs/domains. If your device can't do this you can search for alternative firmware form a WRT family (DD, Open etc.) which are available for a lot home routers. If there is only stock firmware limited by functionality then you have to buy new device or delete Wii U connection at all to be sure that it wouldn't update.

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
I'm going to make a more thorough research tomorrow but from what I've seen and read, my router only lets me block IP's to be accessed from within, from our devices, and not the other way around. That screenshot I uploaded is from a tab called "Access Control" and at first I thought it was about blocking certain IP's from accessing your router but aparently it isn't.

If in fact I'm not able to block the IP's, is there any other way I can do it besides using the router's hub? Is there some sort of program that will let me manage my Internet connection?

zdv80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thing something changed because blocking worked for me (tested some days before):
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
Then I was interested in upgrate to 5.1 (to use the e-shop). I disabled the router blocking, and updated my System to v5.1.
But now I see that restoring again the URLs doesn't seems to block nothing (I can continue using eshop and downloading software from there...)

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me? I had disconnected the internet from my wiiu just to stop the 5.1.1 update that I heard fixes the webkit bug yesterday. but my stuborn little brother reconnected it to play online a few minutes ago. I have an at&t Motorola router but I don't know how to block addresses on the att gui. if anyone knows how please tell me

rjwboys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to bad the uverse residental gateway doesn't have abilitys to block ip addresses, i guess i could use h ttp:// ww w.cha rles proxy. com/ (added space so it isn't clickable) and point my wiiu to the proxy to block ip addresses

FM360

Kappa
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
If I blocked all the urls, is this the result?
ddtGGIJ.jpg

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thing something changed because blocking worked for me (tested some days before):
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
Then I was interested in upgrate to 5.1 (to use the e-shop). I disabled the router blocking, and updated my System to v5.1.
But now I see that restoring again the URLs doesn't seems to block nothing (I can continue using eshop and downloading software from there...)

I found the same thing recently, but figured out I had to go into the Wii U internet setting and change the DNS setting. It defaults to auto, which I have no idea where it points, but you need it to point to your router. In my case I changed both entries to 192.168.1.1 and after that it started blocking properly. It's possible your router has a different address, so make sure before you change your Wii U's setting.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi.A own an new nintendo 3ds xl and wich Ip adress to block to stop updating but can enter ESHOP?!Thanks.
This Wii U thread isn't concerned to the 3DS blocking. You have to ask (and read before) in this one: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-block-fw-updates-via-windows-7-8-8-1-virtual-hotspot.386177/

But anyway you can't access to eShop without checking for update, you have to spoof your firmware or try to install emuNAND / CFW. All these topics are discussing in the 3DS section as well.

Reactions: grasuxxl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs