Blocking/Ignoring does not hide "Status Updates"

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's this really annoying person that linked his FB and GBATemp account that constantly updates his status on things that no one on GBATemp would have any clue what he's talking about. I blocked/ignored him on GBATemp, but it still shows the status updates for his every update to me. Can it be made where if you block a member, all their "Status Updates" get hidden as well?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I don't block people cuz I already have enough people on my msn ignore list. xP
But I do agree that if someone blocks a person, said person's updates should also be blocked seeing as they'd be something that wouldn't be interesting for the person that blocked them in the first place. (writting this sentence confused me as hell)

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I don't block people cuz I already have enough people on my msn ignore list. xP
But I do agree that if someone blocks a person, said person's updates should also be blocked seeing as they'd be something that wouldn't be interesting for the person that blocked them in the first place. (writting this sentence confused me as hell)
Really? I understood it perfectly.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I had to replace several words while writting it cuz they sounded wrong. XP

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I had to replace several words while writting it cuz they sounded wrong. XP
Oh. Well I guess its easier to understand it now and it sums up perfectly that when blocking/ignoring someone it should really kinda remove them from the user's view more.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Also if there were more than 15 or so blocks, the user gets a 20% warning. This would surely make the member wary of what nonsense he is doing.
Isn't that kinda pushing it?

I mean you already added them to your ignore list so they no longer bother you, I do agree that ignoring/blocking should do more than just forum posts and PM it should include status updates and blog as well because well you ignored/blocked them for a reason.

Zekrom_cool

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
Also if there were more than 15 or so blocks, the user gets a 20% warning. This would surely make the member wary of what nonsense he is doing.

I mean you already added them to your ignore list so they no longer bother you, I do agree that ignoring/blocking should do more than just forum posts and PM it should include status updates and blog as well because well you ignored/blocked them for a reason.
It isn't pushing. It is needed so that annoying people can be prohibited entry into such sites.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

It isn't pushing. It is needed so that annoying people can be prohibited entry into such sites.
Well fair enough but just saying that stuff like that can be used against harmless people like guild I mean I don't agree with him 100% of the time or even 50% but I don't find him to be as worse as some people that I do ignore well try to ignore because ignoring only works in 3 of the 5 places.

Zekrom_cool

Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India

Well fair enough but just saying that stuff like that can be used against harmless people like guild I mean I don't agree with him 100% of the time or even 50% but I don't find him to be as worse as some people that I do ignore well try to ignore because ignoring only works in 3 of the 5 places.
Such people can be recognized by users who have used temp from quite some time. That is why Guild is not under this category.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

Such people can be recognized by users who have used temp from quite some time. That is why Guild is not under this category.
Ah well, i'll be happy if ignoring/blocking atleast blocks status updates and blogs as well any addition after that can be discussed first or whatever. I really don't mind anymore if it blocks those 2 more things.

Zekrom_cool

Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India

Ah well, i'll be happy if ignoring/blocking atleast blocks status updates and blogs as well any addition after that can be discussed first or whatever. I really don't mind anymore if it blocks those 2 more things.
That is suitable. Very suitable.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

No... I block people just because I hate the world... Doesn't mean anything.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
That is suitable. Very suitable.
Of course it is :D also if your worried, no. You are not on my ignore/block list I consider you a good Temp friend :D as well as a bunch of other people I normally talk with on here.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Why is this creating such a controversy?
I'm gonna assume because it kinda makes it a little easy to ban someone or something. I don't know what the warn level is meant to do really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup