Blocking 3.69 update question?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by 2DSGamerdude, Sep 14, 2018.

1. 2DSGamerdude
    OP

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    Gamecube Land
    hi all,
    um since the no hack ver of 3.69 is out,
    I have changed the spoof ver in henkaku settings 3.68 -> 3.69,
    my vita is on CFW 3.65 Enso,
    um the DNS to block updates is the same as before or changed?

the dns for blocking 3.69 updates is:

23.96.6.207?

blocking-updates

or 212.47.229.76?

just want to make sure I use the right dns to block the unhackable 3.69 update.

thanx

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Check for updates. Then you know. If working it will say you have the latest version.

3. 2DSGamerdude
    OP

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    Gamecube Land
    um, I tried this, but since im running henkaku enso (3.65), it spoofs the system updates, so I don't have this "system update" option in my vita settings.
    it is replaced by the henkaku settings tab.

the dns im using is
    so I guess this is fine along with spoof version -> 3.69?

4. eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret fnerrrrrrrrrr!

Sep 27, 2017
    United States
    Should be. I'm not even using the DNS addresses yet, just spoofing the version, and I (knock on wood) haven't had any issues yet.

5. hacker007

hacker007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    United States
    HI , I have a ps vita on Ver 3.68 , and its never loged into any psn account , how can I login to psn without Updating it to 3.69 ? the DNS dident work in this Version (3.68) .
    cause i need to login to psn to install h-encore .

6. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Pretty sure when u first setup vita you can set it up. So if you have stuff u don’t care about on vita just restore ur vita power, ps button, R shoulder on cold boot will bring up menu.
    If have stuff just use QCMA to back up and restore after.
    I’m almost certain u don’t have to update if so that way but I’d search around a bit more.
    Or play a game that has psn stuff and when it brings up login select create account. U can always back out if wants u to update

hacker007 likes this.
  7. hacker007

hacker007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    United States
    tnx
    I'm afraid of auto update chance during the greeting video which plays in the first time. because after reset to factory, the auto Update Option will checked as defult.
    Is it possible for vita to update to newer version without getting permission from user ? Even if the auto-Update checked ?

8. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    I think it will download it but not install if the case. Cause I swore I read in forum that u could delete the update. But u shouldn’t be hooked to WiFi if it restored it. Just make sure you don’t have internet. I’m pretty sure u can create it. It just won’t log in because no internet. I didn’t have an psn account when on 3.60 hen enso. Updated to 3.65 and then used h encore to install 3.65 hen and then enso. But when I was on stock 3.65 I created an account. At the time 3.68 was latest. I forget the way I created my account. I thought through a game that had psn access and I chose create account. I think it created it but didn’t log in. My memory is faded, sorry I couldn’t be 100% on it