1. OzKenny1983

OzKenny1983 Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks heaps for this! Have been using the DNS method for ages and have therefore not been able to do much official Nintendo stuff. Not too sure whether this has actually worked but I suppose we shall see (I tried to update but since I'm on latest firmware and no disc patches or anything else seem to be needed, that's what I was told).

Madridi likes this.
  2. Cylent1

Cylent1 Community Smart Ass!

United States
    I have been out of the WiiU scene for a couple of years now and don't quite remember everything, but
    I am looking for a safe secure way to block system updates on my WiiU. Is this still a good tutorial to do so?
    Or is the a safer better way?

This is what DNS is on my WiiU right now, Does this still work?
    Primary: 081.004.127.020
    Secondary: 168.235.092.108

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  3. Madridi

OP Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    Nowadays, from what I understand, the browser exploit on the latest firmware is now reliable as the one we had on 5.5.1 (found here). Therefore, I would recommend updating to the latest firmware anyway. Maybe @Ryccardo can back me up on this, just in case I am missing an advantage for staying on a lower firmware.

While it's unlikely that a Wii U update will ever be released beyond 5.5.3, yes this tutorial is what you should follow. There is no reason to use the DNS anymore, and you can enjoy online services freely.

Ryccardo likes this.
  4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Global Moderator

France
    I don't see any advantage anymore.
    like you said, the advantage was the more stable browserhax exploit. once haxchi was installed, users could update to 5.5.3.
    Now, even if you don't want haxchi or cbhc, you can keep using the browser as easy entry point.
    I didn't test the new exploit yet, but all users report confirm it's working 100%

keeping the console on an old version is only problematic : you need to block NUS to stay on old firmware, being blocked you need to spoof the firmware version and use NNUpatcher every time you want to access eshop, some game won't boot if you don't update (requiring nnu patcher too).
    Even the DNS on latest firmware version can be problematic and give some errors on game launch (not able to access eshop to get latest update, etc.)

Of course, you can keep using old version, just know that there is more steps in hacking and in using the console daily. I deleted the hacking part covering old firmwares in our main guide, and suggest everyone to update first.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Cylent1, cvskid, huma_dawii and 2 others like this.
  5. oslo83

oslo83 Advanced Member

France
    I was still using webhax and mocha with 5.5.0 spoofed to 5.5.3
    So we can drop the 5.5.0 webexploit with a 80% success rate to a 5.5.3's with 100% success rate?
    I just updated my spoof from 5.5.2 to 5.5.3 yesterday.

6. Cyan

Global Moderator

France
    if you have mocha, you can update.
    If you have CBHC on a EUR console, you'll have to reinstall CBHC after updating to 5.5.3.

If you don't have any reason to update or issues using nnu patcher, you can continue with spoof 5.5.3.
    there's no compatibility problem by staying on old 5.5.x, it's only easier to use without nnu.

the new browser exploit requires a payload on SD card, while previous browser exploit downloaded it directly from internet. that's the only difference.
    I didn't see enough report to confirm it's 100%, but the few I saw said it worked on first try.

7. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I can confirm the new exploit don't need anything in the SD card... Not that I know. Maybe it downloads it by itself?

8. Cyan

Global Moderator

France
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/more-stable-webhack-for-5-5-2-5-5-3-released.528757/
    it says "grab the payload.elf"
    so in my guide I also added this step. Like I said I didn't try yet so I'm not sure if it's downloading it if missing.

maybe if you have the payload on SD, it uses it and works better because it's doesn't have to wait for it? if you don't it downloads it (and can fail due to race exploit)?

9. huma_dawii

United States

I know for a fact I used the new webhack from loadiine.net and I have not downloaded anything on my SD regarding a new exploit.

10. Madridi

Qatar
    Like @Cyan, I have not tried the new webhack yet.

That said, the impressions he has about that is the same impressions I have got about the hack.

Also, I am getting the impression that you seem to think there is only one hack for 5.5.3, the one released like a year or so ago? The one with all the deltas? I am pretty sure that’s what you have tried, and that one had pretty bad success rates (around 40-50 percent)

This one was released about a month ago. As far as I understand, it uses a payload on the sd, just like cyan mentioned. It has a success rate close to 100%, and there are no deltas anymore.

If you are indeed talking about this one, then my apologies. I am just tryin* to clear the misunderstanding here :)

11. huma_dawii

United States
    Not rwreal I have tried the new one, not the Delta's one. Loadiine.ovh is on the way of getting rid of the Delta's system and gonna transition completely to the new type of briwerb hax. I know for a fact I have used the new one.

To be more precise, is this one:

Attached Files:

Madridi likes this.
  12. Madridi

Qatar
    So you used it within a month and a half ago? Good to know.

In which case, it would be helpful if you post in that thread, clarifying where it states a payload is needed on the sd in the instructions. I am sure Cyan and I aren't the only ones who misunderstood this, if it is a misunderstanding to begin with :)

Cyan likes this.
  13. huma_dawii

United States
    I used like 1 week ago.

Will test on a different Wii U today

14. Madridi

Qatar
    I finally had time to test this exploit, and I can for sure say that it does need a payload.elf on your sd card.

Do me a favor. Check your sd card. Open up the "wiiu" folder. You will see a bunch of folders. Do you see a payload.elf there?

If yes, then this means that you already had it from before.
    If not, then @Cybernatus is using something different on loadiine.ovh

15. huma_dawii

United States
    I can't check until like next week xD

16. Madridi

Qatar
    Not a problem, but please do so. We want to make sure there aren't actually 2 methods existing. That would be huge!

17. Rathalos143

Rathalos143 Member
    Newcomer

I cant see any folders in storage_mlc maybe I don´t know how to reboot in system menu?

18. Madridi

Qatar
    I need more info than that..

19. Rathalos143

Rathalos143 Member
    Newcomer

Lets see, I go to the HBL, I run sygpatcher menu and it returns me to the WII U menu. Then I enter HBL again and run the ftp client but when I go to the directory it shows no folders nor files. I can access the SD with Filezilla tho just the console directories dont show me any folders, it even gives an error like "failed at recovering directory list"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  20. Madridi

Qatar
    Where in the instructions did I mention sig patcher?

I suggest rereading the guide..

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Without, Blocking, Updates